New BlackVue DR750X PLUS Series Full HD Cloud Dashcam Now Available

Viofo seems to be the only one using "live recording" at a lesser bitrate
Street guardian too, i think they was first on that ball, though not sure as the A139 are my first viofo camera

Street guardian too, i think they was first on that ball, though not sure as the A139 are my first viofo camera

Low bitrate is a must have on my check list. Motion Detection, Buffered Parking Mode, etc are all second fiddle to the assurance that Low Bitrate Parking Mode offers!

Indeed thats how i feel too.
Now i just need a system of notifications so i am told when i get back to my car, this "simple" thing are missing in many cameras it seem.
Dont need things forwarded to my phone as it is i get chills down my spine when it alert to its presence and i have ring tones and vibrator off too so my phone are as the grave, except for that notifications LED.
Which just told me my mother have called, and i visited her on Tuesday, and the only thing that is wrong out there probably is she have run out of candy to munch on.

BlackVue DR900X cam does continuous 1 fps in parking mode as an option.

Low bitrate parking mode is still 29.97 or 23 FPS (not sure if NTSC or Pal off top of head) real time live recording simply compressed into a lesser bitrate (quality). Good enough for low action like a car backing into your car, most every day scenarios, etc. Obviously, if people are running or movements are fast, it can get a bit blurred.

Timelapse, not the same as low bitrate, still a better option than motion detect though

Low bitrate parking mode is still 29.97 or 23 FPS (not sure if NTSC or Pal off top of head) real time live recording simply compressed into a lesser bitrate (quality). Good enough for low action like a car backing into your car, most every day scenarios, etc. Obviously, if people are running or movements are fast, it can get a bit blurred.

That's why I didn't call it "low bitrate."

Just letting folks know what the latest BV firmware offers, since this is a BV cam thread...

timelapse, not the same as low bitrate, still a better option than motion detect though
Time lapse normally has no audio, can be a big disadvantage over low bitrate.

GPS seems to be embedded into the (Qualcomm-based) 4G LTE modem, so the electronics alone does not really impress me.

Some restrictions on where Huwei equipment may be used.
I don't know if their hardware is bugged, but their software has extremely low quality. The huawei smartphones were really good (hardware-wise) before they banned bootloader unlocking,
after that you sell your soul to the chinese spymasters only by using it.

@Vortex Radar in his review mentions an issue with rear cam image being completely blacked out, which seems to happen intermittently between power cycles.

See at 7:40

I have noticed the same issue with my sample DR750X Plus unit running both v1.000 and v1.001 firmware versions. Have anyone else noticed it too?

@Vortex Radar in his review mentions an issue with rear cam image being completely blacked out, which seems to happen intermittently between power cycles.

See at 7:40

I have noticed the same issue with my sample DR750X Plus unit running both v1.000 and v1.001 firmware versions. Have anyone else noticed it too?
I am still waiting for the interior IR cam to become available so no secondary cam yet :-(

Has anyone got the Live Event Updates to work on this dash cam?
UPDATE: It works on the new v.1.003 firmware but not on v.1.002

Last edited:
I'm not sure what live event updates means. I do get notifications about dashcam events on my android phone. Is this feature what you are asking about?

Live Event Uploads. I should get video uploaded to the cloud automatically when it is triggered by the settings I have chosen. You can see the events on the SD card from the cloud but they should go straight to the cloud space as well in case your camera is stolen.

4210070-C-C20-B-48-FA-92-FF-F345318-EFE7-B.png

Last edited:
Been running mine for a couple of weeks, and for 1 week with a CM100LTE attached to it.
I'm very happy with it. Glad to have it in my car. More fond of this than my 900S.

The images seem sharper and clearer compared to the 900S (yes I know the 900S is 4K).
I have no problems connecting to it via wifi, whereas my 900S has always been unreliable in that regard.
Cloud connectivity via the CM100 has been flawless so far.
The hotspot functionality works well too (except when using it with a 900S which I have another thread about).

I may be happy with the 750X+ because the wifi and LTE functionality has been flawless so far. Over the years I've used countless devices with wireless functionality, dashcam and non-dashcam. More often than not the wireless functionality in those miscellaneous products was flaky or sub-par.

As a parting shot, if the 750X+ is a 10/10 then the 900S is 6/10.

Been running mine for a couple of weeks, and for 1 week with a CM100LTE attached to it.
I'm very happy with it. Glad to have it in my car. More fond of this than my 900S.

The images seem sharper and clearer compared to the 900S (yes I know the 900S is 4K).
I have no problems connecting to it via wifi, whereas my 900S has always been unreliable in that regard.
Cloud connectivity via the CM100 has been flawless so far.
The hotspot functionality works well too (except when using it with a 900S which I have another thread about).

I may be happy with the 750X+ because the wifi and LTE functionality has been flawless so far. Over the years I've used countless devices with wireless functionality, dashcam and non-dashcam. More often than not the wireless functionality in those miscellaneous products was flaky or sub-par.

As a parting shot, if the 750X+ is a 10/10 then the 900S is 6/10.
My issues were fixed with the latest firmware.

Does the 750X plus use the same rear cam as the 750X? Thinking of buying the 1CH version and just replacing the front unit

Sony sensors are different. So you can't use rear cam of the 750X with the PLUS.
But I think you would prefer not buying the PLUS. Video quality is worse than the old 750X.
Why a PLUS version ? Only because or semiconductors shortage. The Sony IMX327 is probably very good for static videosurveillance cameras, but not for dashcams IMO.

I've purchased a 750X-2CH PLUS to replace a 750S-2CH.
I've done a side-by-side test, licence plate reading is horrible compared to the 750S, especially when sky is dark, backlighting, and of course at night.
I have asked the seller to exchange my 750X-PLUS with a 750X.

The HDR gives more light on dark areas but decrease quality on moving objects.

For example :

750S :
0514.jpg

750X PLUS :
0614.jpg

750S :
1012.jpg

750X PLUS :
0911.jpg

750S (rear):
0813.jpg

750X PLUS (rear) :