New BlackVue DR900X Plus Series 4K Dashcam Available Now

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Reading this thread out of curiosity. Bit off the topic. It seems Blackvue offers a very high end, internet / cloud connected camera. The only thing I've never understood is the lack of continous recording in park mode from Blackvue.

Viofo Has Low Bitrate
Street Guardian has 30 FPS recording in parking.

It seems Blackvue offers superior features (at a much higher price point), but only offers motion detection and auto event detection on parking mode. Can anyone elaborate further on why the limitations?

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
Event detection is enabled during normal mode. You can adjust the sensitivity of event detection in the 3 axis. Because I have speed bumps at work and in my neighborhood I turn down the iPad dh down sensitivity to prevent constant events being logged. I do wish it had something like the Garmin where you could speak to it to say “Blackvue save recording” to capture an event that does not get triggered by an impact. I also wish with larger SD cards I could set say 2-5 minute file lengths.

kmd1970

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS600,GT300W,LS400W,DR750LW-2CH,CR-2000G,X2,F770,DR750S-2CH
Some observations using firmware v1.000:
  1. You have to turn on "Battery Protection" in settings for wired parking mode to work, even if you don't need battery protection. I have a Cellink B battery pack for my dash camera and don't need voltage cut off. Luckily, you can turn "Voltage Cutoff" settings OFF and keep the "Battery Protection" toggle ON.
  2. Make sure to push the DC power connector all the way in until you hear that last click or (ACC+) parking mode will not function correctly. (You will be scratching your head as to why) :sneaky:
  3. It appears that "stationary detection (g-sensor)" parking mode still works even if you are using hard wired (ACC+) parking mode trigger. For Example, If you sit in your parked car for over 5 minutes (with the engine running) "stationary detection (g-sensor)" parking mode will trigger. (even if you are using wired ACC+ parking mode) Not a big deal, I guess. :unsure:
  4. My DR750S would let me turn off WIFI. My DR900X+ boots with WIFI ON and it takes 10 minutes for it to turn OFF using the automatic turn OFF option. I want it OFF on boot like before and still be able to use the automatic turn OFF feature. :cry:

kmd1970

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Can some kind fellow please provide a link to raw front camera video sample from their 900X Plus? :rolleyes: Thanks!

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware, VIOFO, BlackVue, Blueskysea
Can some kind fellow please provide a link to raw front camera video sample from their 900X Plus? :rolleyes: Thanks!
Here's a google drive link to one of the DR900X Plus front camera video files from the time I was performing my review. I found some distorted audio in that file as well as a few others. I'm starting a review of another manufacturer's camera and I was reviewing the DR900X Plus footage again today and found the audio issue.

When I review a BlackVue camera, I've always had a problem importing the audio from any model BlackVue camera into Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro will either import the audio track but it will be silent except for a few loud noise spikes or the video will have no audio track at all. I can listen to the audio successfully outside of Adobe Premiere Pro.

DR900X Plus Front Video File 20210917_093033_NF.mp4

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States

kmd1970

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Here's a google drive link to one of the DR900X Plus front camera video files from the time I was performing my review. I found some distorted audio in that file as well as a few others. I'm starting a review of another manufacturer's camera and I was reviewing the DR900X Plus footage again today and found the audio issue.

When I review a BlackVue camera, I've always had a problem importing the audio from any model BlackVue camera into Adobe Premiere Pro. Adobe Premiere Pro will either import the audio track but it will be silent except for a few loud noise spikes or the video will have no audio track at all. I can listen to the audio successfully outside of Adobe Premiere Pro.

DR900X Plus Front Video File 20210917_093033_NF.mp4
Thanks! (y)