New Blueskysea B1W owner:

GregStack

Reaction score
Country
United States
New Blueskysea B1W owner:

Installed in the back window of a 2010 Nissan Rogue

Hardwired with
NUNET MicroUSB & MiniUSB Hardwire Kit with Mini/LP Mini/ATO/Micro2 Fuse, Micro to Mini (and Type-C) Port Adapters, Battery Drain Protection System, 15ft Length Cord for Dash Cameras

Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM)

Currently have the Blueskysea B1W piggybacked on an ignition fuse, but may switch to a battery one. I already have a Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Camera that is powered 24/7

Install took me about 1 1/2 hours, barely made it from back window to the fuse box with the 15 ft length cord.
Would definitely need a longer cord for a larger SUV.
I ran the hardwire kit wire through the rubber protector and along the roof/window along the driver side window, down the A pillar to the fuse box at the drivers left knee/.

4 pictures,
1) Fuse Box with 3 piggybacked fuses
2) shot from front seat looking back
3) shot of rear view mirror
4) inside shot of the camera location and how I ran the cord under the molding and through the rubber protector then all the way along the top driver side

Attachments

• image_01.jpg
    image_01.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 115
  • image_02.jpg
    image_02.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image_03.jpg
    image_03.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image_06.jpg
    image_06.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 105
You might want to think about a polarizing filter to knock down those reflections a bit.

Im contemplating getting 1 of these for my van. Does anyone use the suction cup you can get for it

Im contemplating getting 1 of these for my van. Does anyone use the suction cup you can get for it
For stealthy installation, suggest you use its supplied adhesive mount.

1st night sample
leaving Boston MA USA, 11pm Sat night

Nice.
No dumbassery slipping undetected under the radar back there.

for my van
For a van ( 3 - 5 door ) i would use stick on mount, off the surrounding plastics or metal frame like i have done on my own car, i feel on the back the camera are much in the face of people so with my virtually flat rear end stealth are important to me.
And a suction cup on the glass + all of the camera visible, thats just too much for my liking even with a little camera like the B1W.

Of course if its a work van and on the front then the suction cup will probably be fine, work vans seen to have a lot of suction cups on windscreen ( though its not legal here )

Nice.
No dumbassery slipping undetected under the radar back there.

For a van ( 3 - 5 door ) i would use stick on mount, off the surrounding plastics or metal frame like i have done on my own car, i feel on the back the camera are much in the face of people so with my virtually flat rear end stealth are important to me.
And a suction cup on the glass + all of the camera visible, thats just too much for my liking even with a little camera like the B1W.

Of course if its a work van and on the front then the suction cup will probably be fine, work vans seen to have a lot of suction cups on windscreen ( though its not legal here )
It is for my Work van and given the frequency that we need new window screens Sticking to the window wouldnt be advisable.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is for my Work van and given the frequency that we need new window screens Sticking to the window wouldnt be advisable.

If it helps, the replacement mounting feet are only $3 from @estore009. :)
For the cost of a suction cup, you could have several of the regular mounts ready to go for future window replacements. (y)

You can remove the sticky mount fairly easy, run some wire or dental floss behind it with a sawing action, just need some new 3M tape to reuse it, it's a much better mount than any suction cup one.

Have you made this switch? Have you run into any problems with the battery?
I did switch, and currently running the beta Auto parking mode firmware 0614s.

It has been working great. I have a new battery and can monitor my battery voltage with my compustar 2 way remote alarm system.
The battery gets down to 12 often....

I will have think twice about running 2 dash cams 24/7 once the cold weather comes along

New owner Blueskysea B1W
Installed it, recording properly using android app. (WiFi on default) I’m not using WiFi always, will unit last longer if I update to (WiFi off default) or just stay as it is and push WiFi off button.
Thank you

New owner Blueskysea B1W
Installed it, recording properly using android app. (WiFi on default) I’m not using WiFi always, will unit last longer if I update to (WiFi off default) or just stay as it is and push WiFi off button.
Thank you
It will run a little cooler with WiFi off and lifespan of most electronics and plastics is shorter at higher temperatures, so yes, but I'm not sure that you will notice. If you are using parking mode then your car battery will also live longer.

Back