New c1

Socohreak

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

Long time lurker who just got a dash cam.

So I've set it all up, put in new memory card, put it in my car and was able to pull off a few recordings.

I had couple of questions though. I read that a dash cam cable would be required to run this as a dash cam. Where could I get one? Or is there one I can modify to make work for this camera?

Second question. The unit came with a cable which of I've found no mention anywhere. This is a mini-B end on one end with a black abd red to one connector. The second is a yellow and black to a separate connector. What is this for?!

Thanks

Attachments

• 1446443230464448061998.jpg
    1446443230464448061998.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 19
I think that extra connector is for powering the camera and get video out ( low resolution ) for FPV use on a RC quadcopter or plane

I dident get that cable with my sample, but when i got mine it was very erly days and RockThinking sent me one for testing, sadly my C1 is now dead :( one evening it just put out smoke for some reason, so i think that was the battery giving up.

The innovv cameras are a bit tricky as they use that non standart port on the camera, so any old USB wire just wont work with it.

But let me highlight @RockThinking then i am sure he can help you out when he see it.

I have a surplus wire myself but those are just the PC cables, so no need to send you one of those as they wont work as a dashcam cable.
The 1 dashcam cable i do have i use on my C3 in the car, so that one i will not part with.

O and welcome to the forum Socohreak.

Thank you, Kamkar1,

Hi,

Long time lurker who just got a dash cam.

So I've set it all up, put in new memory card, put it in my car and was able to pull off a few recordings.

I had couple of questions though. I read that a dash cam cable would be required to run this as a dash cam. Where could I get one? Or is there one I can modify to make work for this camera?

Second question. The unit came with a cable which of I've found no mention anywhere. This is a mini-B end on one end with a black abd red to one connector. The second is a yellow and black to a separate connector. What is this for?!

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371304242126
Try to find cable from above link.

That cable should work perfectly.

Thanks

Back