New cable w/o new dash cam?

RaybanRJ

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well after two and a half years of putting power banks on my RSC nano dash cam cable and bending the end of the cable so many times it finally bit the dust and my dash cam doesn’t work unless I fold over the cable in a certain angle then it works so I’m wondering if it’s possible do they even sell the cable without having to buy a whole new dash cam? I’ll try some places like Best Buy and Staples tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a standard USB connector on both ends so finding a new cable should be fairly easy. If not at Best Buy/Staples just about any computer store should have a large selection.

Edit: Get one with a 90 degree connector to minimize the need to flex the cable as much. If only straight cables are available you should be able to pick up a 90 degree adapter as an alternative.

It looks like a standard USB connector on both ends so finding a new cable should be fairly easy. If not at Best Buy/Staples just about any computer store should have a large selection.

Thanks I’ll definitely check. Yeah I should’ve mentioned that one end is the standard USB and the other one is the Mini USB (I think it is called). Looks like Amazon has them but I’m not sure what the standard length is needed for a car that would go from the windshield rearview mirror down along the top down the a pillar and under the dash
aa8f06af0b299f2af55a5454dec3ff89.jpg

...I’m not sure what the standard length is needed for a car that...
How long is your current cable? 'Standard' lengths are usually 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 15 feet.

See my edited post about 90 degree termination to minimize flexing.

How long is your current cable? 'Standard' lengths are usually 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 15 feet.

See my edited post about 90 degree termination to minimize flexing.

I found the instruction manual for the dash cam but they’re not saying how long the cable was. I would sure like a link to that post you made if you have it handy
98019efddca55351aa598c2983b209d8.jpg

I would sure like a link to that post you made if you have it handy
First post in this thread. I edited it as you were responding. Just a comment about getting a cable with a 90 degree end to minimize the amount of flexing in the cable when attaching to the camera. Something like this (just be mindful of the direction - 'right' and 'left' are implemented differently from one manufacturer to the next.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B004NO0L4O

First post in this thread. I edited it as you were responding. Just a comment about getting a cable with a 90 degree end to minimize the amount of flexing in the cable when attaching to the camera. Something like this (just be mindful of the direction - 'right' and 'left' are implemented differently from one manufacturer to the next.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B004NO0L4O

Oh no you’re right I forgot about the 90° angle I need that, and here I just ordered this one off Amazon, I wonder if I can cancel my order I’ll give it a try

64a56e2fbc1533aa548e15546d722f62.jpg

Yep I was able to cancel, I got to be more careful because I need that one with a 90° angle. The flexing occurs only on the larger USB end because I connect a battery pack or a power bank to the larger end and that’s where the flexing occurs when I hide it in the centre console of the car, there’s no flexing on the 90° and where the dash cam is.
bd1ba5338255609697927ec3f118f166.jpg

Ordered this one, fast delivery, should work fine.

5295b36869310f14f91369de246da99d.jpg

Back