New camera recommendation

jpcdmd

Reaction score
Dash Cam
DVR-027
I currently have a DVR-027 that I have owned for about 1 year. It worked fine up until summer hit. I live in Phoenix AZ, and the temps have been up there in the 110's F regularly (probably well over 150F inside the car). The battery expanded and swelled and eventually lost function. I've always kept the camera plugged in via the power cable but since the battery stopped working it has not been able to keep the date stamp current. And last week the camera died completely, as it will not stay on for more than a couple seconds after powering up. Other issues I noted include the video skipping at times, and most recently I had a near-collision that I wanted to save and view and when I got home minutes after the incident, I discovered that the last video segment containing the incident was not saved.

So needless to say I'm weary of anything with a battery. Is the battery necessary if I keep it plugged in all the time using the power cable? I've never needed to use the camera outside of the vehicle.

My camera must have:
LCD screen
1080@30fps
good night video
preferably not more than $150US
don't need GPS, and size is not an issue

Cameras I'm considering:
GT300W
DR32
Vicovation TF2+ or EZ

Your thoughts? Any other camera recommendations?

Go with something that has a capacitor instead of a battery if you live in a desert climate.
I believe some of the Vicovation cameras have capacitors. Forget the GT300W or DR32 for high temp climates.

Back