New Camera - Won't Recognize SD Card

mb300

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got a DOD LS430W and a SanDisk 64 GB Micro SD card for it.

I have formatted the card properly according to the thread from this site:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-firmware-for-ls430w-and-ls330w.4675/page-2

I used the downloaded formatting tool, have extracted the latest 64GB file into the root directory of the card.

However, when I turn on the camera, a blue box comes up on the screen that says "Please Insert SD Card". That box won't go away, and the firmware update never happens. When I turn the camera on without a card in it, the blue box flashes on the screen, but when I put the card in it stays solid and I can't access any of the functions of the camera. It's like the camera knows there's a card in the slot but won't do anything else.

I've been researching this for hours and I'm wondering if I have a defective unit. If I can find a card smaller than 64GB around the house maybe I'll try updating the firmware using that card instead.

I'm at a total loss. Any help would be appreciated.

I can confirm that it does seem to work properly with a 32GB card. Why say they can support 64GB if it can't....Not terribly happy with this right now....

I had put the newest firmware that supports 64GB on a 32GB card and it seemed to update and restart. If the updating process is simply a black screen...

After that, I put the 64GB card in and it still does the same thing with the blue box staying on all the time saying I need to insert a card. Maybe I'll just stick with the 32GB card for now. Spent far too much time on this today.

I wouldn't use a 64gb card in this camera, yeah they 'can' work but they're not actually supported

Same with mobius, you have to use a smaller than 64 Gb card to update firmware, but after thet is done it should be smoothe sailing, at least on the mobius with 64 Gb card formatted to fat32.

32 Gb is allso fine, unless you have really long drives and want to make video logs of them, but for normal dashcam use a 32 Gb card aint bad in my eyes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DOD LS430 2
Back