New car, nearly 2 accidents in less than a week! (not my fault), spec me some cams :)

kindai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I got my Nissan GTR last Wednesday, and in the space of a week I've nearly been party to 2 accidents, both times the other drivers were so busy looking at my car, they weren't paying attention to what was happening elsewhere.

Anyway, im looking for Front and Rear setup, and as unobtrusive as possible without sacrificing on quality. I would also like to hook it up to a power bank setup for parking mode so if I have to park it for some time battery life wont be an issue.

Price isn't really too much of an issue either, I don't mind spending several hundred for the right setup.

Thanks for your input!

Hi kindai, welcome to the forum.
The current dual cameras are not quite there, some amount of compromise have to be made with all of them.
From my point of view the major problem is the all seem to have a pretty large front camera / main unit, and second image quality is allso laggin a bit behind the good single channel cameras.
i prefer to leave my cameras in the car all the time, so i need them to be as stealthy as possible, i simply cant be botherew with installing and uninstalling the camera all the time.
And fjew of the dual cameras are really meant to be installed and uninstalled all the time, doing that you have to work with the power and GPS antenna and the wire for the second camera every time.

So if i was you i would just get 1 front camera now that will dokument just fine that you are not the one doing stupid stuff, so if you get into a fender bender the other guy must be to blame.
For the UK marked i must recomend @niko thats also a highly active member in there, he carry the good stuff, and will give you the best kind of service and customer care.
http://hiniko.com/

A dashcam like the SGZC12RC will proberly install really good in your car, its a camera on wire setup with a main unit you can stash in the glove box or anywhere else you can fit a fist ( thats about the size of the main unit )
Offcourse if you can fit 2 of those you will be good, but it take a little more than 1 dedicated dual system.

Later this year we should see new dual systems with 2 small cameras on a wire, but thats somthing we will first see in the tail end of this year.

Last edited:
... as unobtrusive as possible without sacrificing on quality. I would also like to hook it up to a power bank setup for parking mode so if I have to park it for some time battery life wont be an issue.
Welcome to DCT. I have the SGZC12RC, & use a power bank when my car is parked. SGZC12RC is particularly well-suited for such use, as it has both 12v & 5v power sockets.

image.jpeg

Thanks guys, it does seem like a good option.

I have been informed of the Thinkware F770 to look out for that? Though the unit looks quite a lot larger than the one pictured above.

Hey guys,

Just having a look to see if theres any new developments yet?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L What Should I Buy? 12
Back