I think the cloud service sucks, its extremely slow. No one will pay for this sh/t service.

I think the cloud service sucks, its extremely slow. No one will pay for this sh/t service.

I agree with you! Been using it lately it loads slow and sucks.

The only reason for my choice of DR650S is the wifi-option. Cloud is waaay to useless for me to be worth the money.

I have a dr650gw-2ch, dr650s-2ch and dr750s-2ch and use with three free accounts. The design of the cloud service is grossly flawed in my opinion and I wrote to customer service about this. The free account should allow as many cameras as you want along with the overall limits of course. Also, when on the same network, (i.e. private IP is reachable), the cloud service should be bypassed with unlimited access which is far more efficient and obviously would be faster. Connecting to the built in WI-fi SSID or removing the SD-card is inconvenient. I should be able to start the car in the driveway, it connect to the home WI-fi and view the camera from a smartphone or laptop. Same thing for if the dash-cam is connected to a smartphone's built in hotspot. The cloud service concept that Blackvue have implemented is so far from being useful and considering the price point of their devices I expect more.

Last edited:
I have a dr650gw-2ch, dr650s-2ch and dr750s-2ch and use with three free accounts. The design of the cloud service is grossly flawed in my opinion and I wrote to customer service about this. The free account should allow as many cameras as you want along with the overall limits of course. Also, when on the same network, (i.e. private IP is reachable), the cloud service should be bypassed with unlimited access which is far more efficient and obviously would be faster. Connecting to the built in WI-fi SSID or removing the SD-card is inconvenient. I should be able to start the car in the driveway, it connect to the home WI-fi and view the camera from a smartphone or laptop. Same thing for if the dash-cam is connected to a smartphone's built in hotspot. The cloud service concept that Blackvue have implemented is so far from being useful and considering the price point of their devices I expect more.

C'mon... BV guys also want to eat. Champagne with caviar.

/sarcasm off

It was discussed many times, but I'm afraid there won't be any change - if something is good for users, but not so good for business (less income), it won't be implemented.

I see that a dev took matters into his/her own hands and created 'Viewer for BlackVue' on Android. There is hope yet my friend. ;)

You can connect to your camera to view direct while on home WiFi, but it's complicated to set up. You have to have your router set to hand out a static lease based on the camera's MAC, so that you get a consistent IP address. Then it's a simple matter of using your browser to connect to http://1.2.3.4/blackvue_live.cgi (using your own IP, of course). You can append "?direction=R" to view the rear camera.
I use iSpy (ispyconnect.com), which allows connection to an "MPEG URL", which gets me even more functionality.

However, the connection to the home router is still not 100% reliable. When you go out for a drive and return, the WiFi doesn't always re-connect by itself. That's one annoyance that's better with recent firmware versions, but still not quite correct.

Brad.

Back