New CPLv2

GregKet1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just mounted my new CPLv2 onto my Panorama-G. It is much, MUCH better than the original. The magnets are stronger and it is a better fit to the lens.

With the CPLv1 I used to knock it off whenever I put-in, took-out my heat reflector. With the new one, it doesn't budge at all even when it gets "thumped" pretty good.

I also like that it is "darker" than the original by hiding the white text around the lens on the camera.

Original
CPLv1.jpg

New Version
CPLv2.jpg

I blacked out the printing on the camera itself but the change in the lens is all due to the new CPLv2.

I tested the performance between the two by putting a piece of paper on my dash and they performed exactly the same so I won't bother posting videos of that.

+1
Blacked out front and back (Buttons and Blue LED), good for parking mode at night.
6e3e6b3ab3186f515f875661f5fe628a.jpg

092cf1f1e60c99f5511966946a5e8f4f.jpg

c3fa650865bf9466d1e5dbd09ad97daa.jpg

Last edited:
Zuntax, your "zoom in" had me worried. I thought there is no way it could be that dark; that must be an artifact of taking a picture of a CPL using a CPL on the camera. I just went out and took another shot without the CPL on my camera: yup, it is just that dark all on its own!

Zuntax, your "zoom in" had me worried. I thought there is no way it could be that dark; that must be an artifact of taking a picture of a CPL using a CPL on the camera. I just went out and took another shot without the CPL on my camera: yup, it is just that dark all on its own!
[emoji41][emoji106]
I also add metal ring from CPL 2.0 around lens to cover letters plus ring added more support. See photo above.

[emoji41][emoji106]
I also add metal ring from CPL 2.0 around lens to cover letters plus ring added more support. See photo above.

The included stick on ring is only needed for the X2 since a metal base ring is already built into the S and G. Adding the stick ring to S or G might pull the cover off. (So be careful). Looks good covers letters though.

Back