New Dash Cam- Recommended Install and Settings Process

Kicker0927

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’ve read A LOT of processes to follow when setting up a new dash cam and I’d like to clarify.

I’m having a Viofo A129 Pro duo hardwired through a Cellink NEO. I have purchased a 256gb Sandisk High Endurance (the white card). So far, from what I’ve read, I should:

Setup...
1. Update firmware
2. Reset all settings
3. Format sd card in dash cam
4. Install the cam in vehicle
5. Wait for Viofo to release new firmware to fix the parking mode issue in which recording stops when sd card is full and do it all again

Sound about right?

Settings...
Does anyone have any recommendation for the best settings on the A129 Pro? (i.e. bitrate, loop recording, wdr, exposure, g-sensor, etc)

change the order

1. Format sd card in dash cam
2. Update firmware
3. Reset all settings

Okay. Thanks. I should have been more clear...if I am updating the firmware via the Viofo app with the sd card in the cam...wouldn’t I update the firmware first and then format the card? Or it doesn’t matter?

Okay. Thanks. I should have been more clear...if I am updating the firmware via the Viofo app with the sd card in the cam...wouldn’t I update the firmware first and then format the card? Or it doesn’t matter?
card should be formatted first, going by some previous reports I'm not sure I'd do it via the app anyway though, not sure what the issue was but some users have had problems with the update via the app, running it from the card is a safer option

Back