New dash cam unsealed box question

xRYD3Rx

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered a 750 2ch 64gb on eBay for $350
Seller described as NEW.

Box arrived unsealed. Camera has wrapping around it and looks new.
Just concerned if it is actually new or may be a refurbished device?
Previous 750 2ch 128gb I purchased came with the box sealed.

What do you guys think? Should I return it back to seller? Is there any way I can check and confirm if it's not refurbished device?

open box doesn't necessarily mean the camera is not new, check with the seller I guess and see what they say

open box doesn't necessarily mean the camera is not new, check with the seller I guess and see what they say

According to the seller their warehouse manager opened the box to verify if all the contents are in the box and the condition of the contents is good before shipping it out.

Sounds like the usual reply Why would they have to check a sealed box from a manufacturer Ask for a sealed one and see what they say as it could be a returned product. Is the seller a genuine accredited seller of the product. Some older models were Korean domestic models with hacked firmware and came in unsealed boxes and virtually no warranty. My original Korean DR400 is still going luckily

Sounds like the usual reply Why would they have to check a sealed box from a manufacturer Ask for a sealed one and see what they say as it could be a returned product. Is the seller a genuine accredited seller of the product. Some older models were Korean domestic models with hacked firmware and came in unsealed boxes and virtually no warranty. My original Korean DR400 is still going luckily

I asked for a sealed one and seller told me all the boxes are unsealed hmmmmmmmm….
Anyway I'm going to return it.

Who is the seller as lots sell unauthorised versions like I said. Astrobile is one who sells Korean versions both on Ebay and through a online shop.

You can often tell as they will say it has English/Russian firmware and is therefore not a genuine BV English model and has been opened to replace the firmware

Hello, all BlackVue dashcams are shipped sealed to distributors. Additionally, if you see a deal online that seems too good to be true, you might want to double-check that the included microSD card is an actual BlackVue microSD card and not a third-party one.

Who is the seller as lots sell unauthorised versions like I said. Astrobile is one who sells Korean versions both on Ebay and through a online shop.

You can often tell as they will say it has English/Russian firmware and is therefore not a genuine BV English model and has been opened to replace the firmware

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322930915407

Hello, all BlackVue dashcams are shipped sealed to distributors. Additionally, if you see a deal online that seems too good to be true, you might want to double-check that the included microSD card is an actual BlackVue microSD card and not a third-party one.

The box came with the actual blackvue SD card

Is it an actual 750 as there was an occasion on here recently of a buyer getting an old camera in a box from an Amazon seller

Looking at the sellers feedback would put me off for a start although I guess one red one is yours but they seem to be typical seller of all sorts of stuff.

Nothing specific and have found some of them are buyers of repossesseed stuff etc that resell them to unsuspecting buyers.

I never buy from sellers unless they have a feedback rating over 99%

Post a pic of all you bought to let us see what you got.

Last edited:
That ebay account is a personal account, not a business one. I'd recommend returning it
Many of his other listings are shown as located in the Russian Federation, not USA

Is it an actual 750 as there was an occasion on here recently of a buyer getting an old camera in a box from an Amazon seller

Amazon put returns back into stock if they think they are new, even if explicitly instructed not to do that, from returns that do get sent back I can tell you they have no idea what is new or not, we've received returns back that don't even have our product inside and Amazon have had no clue when questioned

Back