New Dashcam A129 Duo Plus

No.

I might also fail this statement :) but i will try my very best.

No.

I might also fail this statement :) but i will try my very best.
Well, Denmark is about a sixth of Italy, per surface, and we only have four main depots.

GRAFICO_italia-01.png

You should enlarge Denmark! ;)

You should enlarge Denmark! ;)
Just leave the EU, when we did things like this started popping up everywhere:

3.jpg

"At a colossal 1 million square feet, the Amazon Fulfilment Centre in Dunfermline is equivalent to 14 football pitches in size."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-152452_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-152452_Opera.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 36
You should enlarge Denmark!

They can just stop ignoring our island in the north ( Greenland ) add that to main land Denmark and we are a bigger country than most.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered (expect delivery Nov2,2020) the Viofo a 129Plus Duo expressly to get video onto a Dasaita 10.2" Rotatable (tablet) Android 9.0 Head Unit.
Please advise if video out on 4 connection plug to Yellow (number 3 connection point to RCA) will give continuous video while driving and while recording onto the
internal micro SD card (256GB included) with 3 hardwire power harness (I have a Prius Plug-In with that huge battery plus the normal 12V car battery)
The SuperNight Vision and software enhancements will assist when blinded by oncoming headlights. I do not want to miss seeing something like a person
dressed in black walking out at night.

The AV out ports are usually on all the time when the camera is on, also recording, at least thats my understanding, but i have never experimented with the AV out of any dashcam, but my old 4 channel analog setup i had connected to my 2 DIN head unit AV in.
you are probably best off looking at the road in difficult conditions. I did try driving my car while looking at the LCD screen, and it was possible but no doubt also highly dangerous and not to be recommended.

The AV out ports are usually on all the time when the camera is on, also recording, at least thats my understanding, but i have never experimented with the AV out of any dashcam, but my old 4 channel analog setup i had connected to my 2 DIN head unit AV in.
you are probably best off looking at the road in difficult conditions. I did try driving my car while looking at the LCD screen, and it was possible but no doubt also highly dangerous and not to be recommended.
Thank you for your advice. I do not understand if it is using the RCA Yellow-Red-White connector into my tablet. Please explain in more detail.
perhaps we can talk on the phone/Skype/Duo/WhatsApp??
I can appreciate having your head in the ****pit vs up, looking out. But any advantage when blinded by oncoming headlights is an improvement.

Some high end cars have, or use to have a HUD like display on the windscreen where proper night vision / FLIR imagery could be displayed, but i am not sure if they still have that or it was just a passing fab.
But these systems have AI and dont just rely on the driver seeing the obstacle ( pedestrian / animals / parked car ) mind you there is a display in the speedo, but a driver should not be looking at that and surely not at speed.

To use the AV out of the dashcam you need the adapter wire, this is probably a 3.5 mm jack plug in the camera and typical a RCA style plug for the TV signal ( just like antenna plugs on the back of a TV in the old days )
And any sound will usually come over one or two phone plugs, like used for audio signal in stereo equipment for many years.
So your tablet would need to have a RCA plug on it, and i have never heard of such a tablet, tablets typically just have a USB input and maybe a mini jack for headphones.
Regular cameras will also get blinded by on coming cars and adjust to compensate for this, often making the image darker so you can see even less., thats why car makers use thermal FLIR cameras as they dont see all the hear of other card headlights just the little of heat from the bulb.

There have been some driver aid gadget attempts, but none successful as far as i know.

Here in Denmark such devises would bee illegal, you can only have a satnav screen going + radio and a docked phone though the phone or radio can of course not display video or TV if the driver can see the screen.

Trust my eyes are also getting old and tired, and i feel the light of oncoming cars get worse and worse, so all i can do is keep right, and pray to god there is no cyclist there with no light on, or a stupid pedestrian CUZ walking on a road you should be on the left side so you have oncoming cars closest to you, so you can see them and get out of the way, not least if it is dark and you have no light or reflective west on.

Most highways here you can find a cyclist on, and we drive 80 km/h on those roads, thats a 50 something MPH, and most places no bicycle path, so at night and if you have no light on your bicycle, you are suicidal or a very stupid cyclist.
ANd Denmark have many many cyclists, we are a premiere cycling nation.

Some high end cars have, or use to have a HUD like display on the windscreen where proper night vision / FLIR imagery could be displayed, but i am not sure if they still have that or it was just a passing fab.
But these systems have AI and dont just rely on the driver seeing the obstacle ( pedestrian / animals / parked car ) mind you there is a display in the speedo, but a driver should not be looking at that and surely not at speed.

To use the AV out of the dashcam you need the adapter wire, this is probably a 3.5 mm jack plug in the camera and typical a RCA style plug for the TV signal ( just like antenna plugs on the back of a TV in the old days )
And any sound will usually come over one or two phone plugs, like used for audio signal in stereo equipment for many years.
So your tablet would need to have a RCA plug on it, and i have never heard of such a tablet, tablets typically just have a USB input and maybe a mini jack for headphones.
Regular cameras will also get blinded by on coming cars and adjust to compensate for this, often making the image darker so you can see even less., thats why car makers use thermal FLIR cameras as they dont see all the hear of other card headlights just the little of heat from the bulb.

There have been some driver aid gadget attempts, but none successful as far as i know.

Thank you for a very in depth reply. The "Tablet" is the Dasaita 10.2" Rotatable Android 9 radio that has lots of connections (I have discovered from the many suggestions)
There are people using the SuperNight Vision aspects of the Viofo a129Plus Duo dashcam. Now, I want to hook into the radio (2Din Head Unit with a direct front camera input).
I am still hesitant, but I am gaining insights from responses such as your.
Thank you.

Well you should not put too much faith in the "super night vision"
While dashcams with the good sensors are just about better than the human eye, at least my tired old eyes, then it is still marginal, and nothing like the thermal vision you really would want for such a application.
I would gladly trade every single airbag + my ABS brakes for such a system in my car, of the many new features in new cars something like that is the only thing that interest me, i guess i am just too old fashioned i dont even like ABS brakes i learned to drive without such things many many years ago.

Dont mind me babbling in Danish, but this old video of mine feature my old analog system, that just like CCTV cameras default to black and white at night.

There has been one very successful night driving aid, so successful that it is found on almost every car produced in the last century, even though it is not a legal requirement, at least not in the UK - headlights.

For us older folks, taking a Bilberry and Lutein vitamin supplement will help your night vision noticeably, but it is slow-acting so the full effect will take about 2 months of taking a pill daily. And it may be two weeks before you can notice any difference at all, but keep the faith- it does work.

For everyone:
1- Get into the habit of never looking directly at lights at night; even a short glimpse directly into any light will reduce the pupil opening for at least several minutes afterward. It's not as easy as you think since us humans automatically look at whatever is catching our attention good or bad. This also applies to your own headlights- never look at where they're brightest on the road, always look above them further down the road.

2- You can squint (partially close your eyes) to reduce the amount of light reaching the pupil then open your eyes fully after the oncoming car passes.

3- You can also shift your attention from the center of your lane and look at the line at the side of the road opposite the oncoming traffic (your lane's edge) as far ahead as you can clearly see it, which will get closer with the oncoming car until they pass. This trick also helps prevent the tendency to look at the lights since it gives you something else specific to look at instead and it help you keep your car in your own lane.

I do all of the above and I couldn't drive at night at speed any other way. When you're young, your eyes adapt to darkness completely in about five minutes. When you're old that takes about twenty minutes. Any introduced brightness will reduce your eyes ability to cope, which means another 5 - 20 minutes of adapting. Since you can't avoid lighting while driving, you reduce the intensity directly reaching your eyes which reduces the loss of your night vision. It might seem that wearing sunglasses would work but it actually makes things worse as your pupils open even larger struggling to gather enough light to see clearly which lets more light in to lessen your night vision further, but some people are helped with yellow or amber colored lenses; those results vary but may be worth trying when surrounded by light such as in a city.

Phil

There has been one very successful night driving aid, so successful that it is found on almost every car produced in the last century, even though it is not a legal requirement, at least not in the UK - headlights.
I'll be dipped in beams!

Thanks for reminding me to refill the lamp oil in my headlights :) I refilled the blinker fluid reservoir yesterday :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Back