New Dashcam A129 Duo Plus

Is it supposed to be a better A119 V3?
I think it is better to think of it as a better A129 Duo, since it does have the optional rear camera, bluetooth, wifi, etc.

It does uses the same sensor as the A119 V3, and processor, but A119 firmware is largely shared with the A129 anyway, so the main difference is the features supported, and on that basis it is an A129.

The A119 V3 will presumably continue to be sold at current price while this will be somewhere around A129 Duo price, can't be much more since then it would start competing with the A129 Pro.

We don't know about the lens yet, I guess it will be more like the A129 lens, the A119 V3 lens is a bit narrow for some people, although that does make it good at reading plates.

So it will be a 119 V3 evolution, with added Wi-Fi, the Duo option and the emmc.

I am sold... :cool:

smiley1081's last post made me think the way it could be a better A119 V3, regarding the features. Of yourse one can also see it the other way. I very much like the A129 feature-wise but afaik the A119 V3 has a better recording quality. My main question is if the new A129 Plus will have the features of the A129 Duo combined with at least the recording quality of the A119 V3. But I think we will need to wait for real-world tests and reviews.

Currently I have an A119 V2 and would like to upgrade to the V3 but I would really like to have the Duo option and WiFi. The A129 Pro is no option at the moment because of the problems people have.

My main question is if the new A129 Plus will have the features of the A129 Duo combined with at least the recording quality of the A119 V3.
That is what should be expected, and quite likely a bit better since the HDR should be implemented.

Last edited:
The title thread is not correct, the camera is not PRO it is just Viofo A129 PLUS. There is no PRO word printed on the gift box.

The HK3 should be good for A129+, but rear camera cable and rear camera are different.

enjoy,
Mtz

Video quality can be improved with final version firmware, plan to release at the end of the Aug.
Client / station mode in Wi-Fi modes is not planned?

@viofo
No shipment to Romania? Why?

@viofo
No shipment to Romania? Why?
Yes, and there is no shipment to Russia either.
Viofo A129 plus PreSale_countries.jpg
Perhaps it should appear at dealers?
Viofo A129 plus PreSale_countries main.jpg

from USA
Viofo A129 plus PreSale_USA.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be carrying the non-eMMC A129 Plus version and can ship internationally, if anyone's interested.

A question for @viofo .

Have you ever considered connecting the forrard and aft cameras by wi-fi, instead of a long cable, and getting power to the rear camera by a shorter route (e.g. my FIAT 500L has a bank of fuses in the boot)

Have you ever considered connecting the forward and aft cameras by wi-fi, instead of a long cable, and getting power to the rear camera by a shorter route (e.g. my FIAT 500L has a bank of fuses in the boot)
would not be reliable based on currently available technology

lightning deal on amazon
Thats for the A129 duo pro not the A129 duo plus. ( at least that is what pop up for me ( amazon UK ) could be i get redirected to something not it )
Really some times when people link to something on Amazon, it is something completely different when i click the link.
Anyway i am not buying from Amazon before they make a Danish warehouse.

Back