New Dashcam - BMW Advanced Car Eye 2 & Road Angel Halo

Ronk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts, advice etc. I have a Mercedes C350e and am looking to get a Dashcam,I recently took a BMW out for a test drive which had a BMW Advanced Car Eye fitted, which looked good to me, don’t know if this can be installed to my Mercedes! I am also looking at a Road Angel Halo!
Features I would like are GPS, Front and Rear cams, auto recording, Protection when parked! etc. Any thoughts, advice, opinions?

Thanks

I looked up on this to me unknown camera, and i found that it do not work for all BMW cars, making me think it would probably not work on a Mercedes.
The features you like are percent in just about any dashcam, so no problem getting what you like.

You have 2 general options.
1: barrel shaped cameras
2: Wedge shaped cameras

What is best most stealthy for your particular car depend on the layout on the windscreen, there some cars have a nightmare layout making any camera just about impossible to make a good install, and so you have to make do with the less optimal.
Normally in that case its a on windscreen sensor array / housing that take up a lot of room and make installing a dashcam in the most optimal place hard ( up high and center of windscreen )
So in those cases some mount off the bottom of the sensor housing, other choose to offset the camera to one side of it, both are also fine just not optimal.

If you could share a picture or a link to one where we can see the particular windscreen layout it would be easier for us to tailor a recommendation to you.

Back