New Dashcam owner of the A129

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
With the help from all of you my cam came today, tonight I will play with it before I go to bed. I have a 5 volt pack I use on my iPad and will use that and format my card tonight, something else I need to check on there to see if it is 50 or 60 hertz.
I am sure I will have questions and I am using the search option on this forum to answer most of them.
Placement of the camera will be tomorrow, Thanks again guys.......... Pete

60Hz for USA

Ok I will check that, Should I wait to do any updates, or will the camera do this on its own?

I suggest you use it as it is for now, make sure it works correctly before you go changing things.

If you want to use the most recent new features, or modified firmwares then you will need to update at some time, but I'm sure it has a good firmware on it from the factory.

I agree, I will go slow, my problem is when I feel good I go nuts around the house catching up on my chores, but then it hits me that I did too much. This has been my entire life. Get it done today is my way. Having a good day today, washed both cars and waxed the woman's car.

Changed to 60 Hz And formatted card,still figuring out what the controls do. Also checked the date. Tomorrow I will bring it up to the truck. When the red light is blinking that is recording?. I will play around with it, took me some doing to get to the menu and I still do not know how I entered it. Not too bad for a caveman, I will figure it out

Red flashing on the screen is recording, red solid LED is also recording.
Menu is left button, but you must stop recording first.
Not recording beeps a warning so you don't ever accidently leave it not recording.
Keep going...
And there is a manual!

Yea I picked up a little in the manual, already you gave me the tip to stop recording to get into menu
Not sure what you mean red flashing g is recording also solid red is also recording?.
Tomorrow is another day

Yea I picked up a little in the manual, already you gave me the tip to stop recording to get into menu
Not sure what you mean red flashing g is recording also solid red is also recording?.
Tomorrow is another day
Red blinking dot on LCD screen means camera is recording. The red light under the REC button will remain solid while camera is recording.

Why 2 red lights? Maybe it is needed for a reason, but I know when the camera is blinking red it is recording. Confusing

Why 2 red lights? Maybe it is needed for a reason, but I know when the camera is blinking red it is recording. Confusing

One engineer designed the upper part of the camera, while another engineer designed the lower part.
One liked a solid red light, the other liked blinking red light, and they argued constantly upon a single solution, so they compromised with both.
It's a good thing only one engineer designed the power supply.

Though I do wish the engineer who designed the power port on the camera would have spoken with the engineer who designed the power port on the gps module -- as then perhaps either of them could be used to provide power during parking mode, instead of only one.

Last edited:
The record light on the screen isn't as noticeable because many keep the screen off. At least I don't pay attention to the recording indicator on the screen, only on the button.

Back