New Dashcam Viewer software for Macintosh

traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
Hi everyone. I just released a new version of Dashcam Viewer with support for the BlackVue DR400 and DR500 series of dashcams. Dashcam Viewer started out as a Mac player for the Mini 0801 camera but thanks to some generous folks in this forum it now supports the BV cameras and the extended GPS data they record. (I know BlackVue produces its own Mac player software but DCV may offer some features not available in their offering.)

You can find the latest version here:

http://earthshinesw.com/mac-dashcam-viewer/

Here is a video of Dashcam Viewer in action with a BlackVue camera.

Thanks for watching!
John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey John / @traveler,

Did you get my post about helping you out with the DR550 support?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, I appreciate the offer of assistance. Let me ask you: are the movie and GPS data files produced by the DR550 the same as the DR400 and DR500?

I think so...

The only difference is that there are now two movie files generated (Front & Rear).

As you know the Blackvue has three different files. Normal, Event & Parking.

An example of a normal file type is:

Front - 20140120_092028_NF.mp4
Rear - 20140120_092028_NR.mp4

Do you think your software could handle two feeds at the same time and offer a PIP in the future? Would be awesome if it could and then output the two merged together like in the video I popped up on the other thread!! That would really sell as the only way to combine into a single video is via Sony Vegas or iMovie etc.

Sounds interesting, Tim. I'm working on other features right now but this is intriguing. Can you send me a set of sample movies and associated GPS data?

Sure if you PM your email address I'll whip some info into my dropbox and link you up!

Back