New Diverging Diamond Interchanges improve traffic flow and can reduce accidents.

Looks strange but once you study it a bit the advantages are obvious. However, I can see the 'little old ladies' getting confused and stopping in the middle of traffic to figure out if they're doing the right thing or not.

Nifty :cool: me like

Looks strange but once you study it a bit the advantages are obvious. However, I can see the 'little old ladies' getting confused and stopping in the middle of traffic to figure out if they're doing the right thing or not.
If they can't follow the clear road markings maybe they should no longer be driving. ;)

You expect people to pay attention to road markings and signs?

:)

The one in Wyoming is at kind of busy interchange, with a few gas stations and truck stops.

I've had to use that interchange a handful of times since they put this in, and every time I use it, you usually see somebody looking kind of lost....although they're usually going pretty slowly.
:)

If they can't follow the clear road markings maybe they should no longer be driving. ;)
I think we've all seen people who can follow road markings but still should not be driving. :(

First time I learned about this was actually when I was waiting for my MnDOT internship interview. A transportation magazine in the lobby was talking about them.

The numbnuts here struggle to follow the simplest of lane markings such as those on a spiral roundabout. They would get completely flummoxed trying to negotiate that.
It does, however look like a good idea to stop those huge queues building up waiting for umpteen sets of lights to phase.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TonyM Off Topic 6
Back