New DOD LS300W Tio Tech Dash Cam owner, problems?

DODmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I purchased a LS300W from Saddle Electronics a couple of weeks ago and it was working fine with a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-032G-U46A. My Firmware on the camera reads LS300W-1307030-SC-2E00. I had the camera on to loop the data at five minutes intervals but I returned from vacation and it seemed to keep recording five minute segments until the card was full. I tried to reset the camera, erase the card, remove and replace the card back in the camera with no luck of it recognizing the card or responding.

Now the camera wont respond at all to anything when the card is inside the camera. The only way to bring up the menu and options is to remove the card and the camera seems to be working fine but asks me to input the card or no image as it should. With the card installed, it will turn on and show what the camera is seeing on the display but no menu options or no way to get it to record, just a display of what it's pointing at?? I've seen many posts about the card problems and firmware updates but being new to the dash cam world, I thought I would create an account and post my question. I have asked for a replacement card before I returned the camera but any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Trying another card is a good idea

Formatting the card with the SD Formatter program could be worth a try also

Trying another card is a good idea

Formatting the card with the SD Formatter program could be worth a try also

Will try as soon as the new card arrives. Should I just format the card inside of the cam as I did with the previous card or is there some other method that you'd recommend? Sorry to sound so clueless but like I've stated I'm a newbie to the Cams, SD cards, Firmware Updates, etc. etc. and thanks again for your reply.

formatting the card in the camera is fine, for your problem card though a full format in a PC using the Panasonic SD Formatter would be worth trying

Back