New dr900x issues

HackitZ

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,
I have a pretty strange issue I could use some help with.
My setup.
This worked for 2 years no issues.
Blackvue dr900s 2 channell
Blackvue battery.
Hardwired to fuse panel, roughly 6 hours recording when parked
I did fota update and my dr900s died.
I bought a dr900x, installed last weekend. Nothing changed other that cameras and new power cable from the camera to the blackvue battery.
Here's my issue, new camera does not power on. To get it to power on I need to open the blackvue battery app on my phone. Once the app over Bluetooth connects to the battery and the stats show, the camera then starts up.
I have turned off the battery option in the camera. Still the same issue
Has anyone came across this?

When the DR900X was installed, you stated you used the new power cable supplied with the DR900X. I'm assuming you're using the 12-volt power port adapter provided with the DR900X.

That should work no matter what 12-volt power port you plug it into, a 12-volt power port in your vehicle or the BlackVue battery. Which BlackVue battery (B-124, B-124X)?

The new 12-volt power port adapter provided with the DR900X has a revised barrel connector that plugs into the camera. The new power cable has a connector for the battery/constant power, accessory power and ground. The battery/constant power and accessory power are both sourced from the same 12-volt power provided on the power port end.

First, please confirm you're actually using the updated power cable supplied with the DR900X. The picture is when I reviewed the DR900X-2CH and I showed which connector on the end that plugs into the camera provides the battery/constant power and which connector provides the accessory power. If there's only a single connector on the outside of the barrel connector, that's the one from the DR900S not the DR900X.

1625384247294.jpeg

Second, I would suggest plugging the 12-volt power port adapter for the DR900X into a 12-volt power port in your vehicle instead of the BlackVue battery pack. That will remove the battery pack from the equation. If the DR900X powers up correctly when plugged into your vehicle's power port, then it suggests there's something going on with the BlackVue battery.

The day I reviewed the dr900x I plugged it into the 12 volt outlet in my truck camera functioned as expected.
The dr900x is using the new power connector.
My battery is the b-124, it's about 2 years old.

I'm thinking my battery pack is faulty. Which sucks, as the battery is almost as much as the camera.

Sent from my XQ-AS72 using Tapatalk

Based on your statement of needing to use the bluetooth app to wake up the battery before it supplies power to the camera, that does suggest there's a problem with the battery pack.

The other way to prove it's the B-124 battery pack is to use a multimeter or 12-volt power port voltage monitor to test the voltage output of the battery pack's 12-volt power port adapter.

Yeah troubleshooting I will go .
Here's some picks of my settings.
3c7b133b07d7306926aaef136d804e2d.jpg
f4cd91c42c035942bc7ba0ff0dbb563f.jpg
361c78e854d7f35026752a7f97598b59.jpg

Try using the battery with the dash cam until the battery is completely empty, then unplug the dash cam and charge the battery to full. See if the same issue persists with the dash cam after.

Dump the Blackvue battery altogether and hardwire the 900x directly to the fuse box. It has a built in voltage detector and will shutdown if it reaches a preset voltage.

I would but it's my work truck. I like have the camera on all day as I work in some pretty crappy areas at times.

Back