New dual camera or a rebrand?

Discussion in 'Multi-Channel Dash Cams' started by Jenus, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Jenus

Jenus New Member

Singapore
  2. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    Gitup Git3, Mini 0806
    Probably doesn't work yet, nobody else has that chipset on sale yet, unless the mini 0906 is in stock now.
    Best to wait a while until you do see some reviews.

3. Sabe

Sabe Well-Known Member

Finland
    Dash Cam:
    G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
    Can't help but every time 1 message new member ask someting like this with a link my spam alert is buzzing.

DT MI likes this.
  4. DT MI

DT MI Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Too Many - See Signature
    +1

5. SawMaster

SawMaster Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Mobius, G1W-S, G1W-HC, WR-1, G1W clone, and more to come!
    The 'chinglish in the "note" section gave me some grins. Not many sellers have the 'chutzpah' to tell you that audio and M-detect are crap and to leave them turned off :ROFLMAO: The NT9663 is what the new SG uses (along with that sensor pair) and those beta vids look good with no comments on hardware problems. I'd not be worried about the chip, Novatek generally does good chip designs for dashcam usage ;) This one claims a waterproof rear cam; that feature is hard to find in dashcams :D MPEG4 video; not sure what to think about that as all mine save one are .mov (the exception is .avi). Is MPEG4 better? The few reviews shown sound OK overall and at this price if it's a good cam this one will be a winner.

Now who here will get one and share their review here on DCT?

Phil

6. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    quite possible, just as likely it's like the aliexpress sellers that popped up a few months ago with the 0906 listed for sale, they get a factory sample for testing and want to be the first to market so sell it regardless of if it actually works yet or not

7. SawMaster

SawMaster Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Mobius, G1W-S, G1W-HC, WR-1, G1W clone, and more to come!
    FWIW the ad shows 7 sold and 149 in stock. Ships from China and Russia, and all the reviews seem to be of the Russian-sold version.

Phil

8. niko

niko Well-Known Member Retailer

Ireland
    Dash Cam:
    Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
    So called version is just the App language which sets automatically according to mobile phone language. I think they do have only one basic version.
    The choice between Russia or China means stock.
    You are right, so far most are sold to Russian customers and most likely from Russian stock.
    I believe soon (at some stage) we may read some reviews from local russian dashcam forums about this product.

SawMaster likes this.
  9. Jenus

Jenus New Member

Singapore
    Unfortunately I couldnt find any review that wasn't in Russian hence I was compelled to open an account to ask for more info.

I almost bit the bullet and bought a Mini 0906 as a result but stopped short given the cheaper pricing on this.

There was also another dash cam that supposedly has the same specs - Chupad X16 - but from what you guys are saying I gather there is a shortage of N96663 chipsets and this isn't likely.

Is the mini 0906 expected to cost closer to $100 when readily available?

10. kamkar1

kamkar1 Well-Known Member

Denmark
    Dash Cam:
    Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
    I dont think any of the others building on the "same" hardware can sell that cheap.

I would wait for reviews of any product as it seem like being a early adopter in dashcams are something else and worse than being a early adopter with other things i have been early with before.

I know even if i had the money and though the urge is very strong here, then i would not build a new computer before 2018 as i would build with AMD Ryzen / threadripper and if possible also a new Vega GFX card, and it seem there are some quirks with those.

11. Rayman.Chan

Rayman.Chan Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808