New Duo camera required

Jonro2009

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been aber for some time now and there is some.great advise to be had, so thank you for that.

My specific question today is what is the best Duo camera setup? I've had a Viofo A129 Duo for about 5years now and it's normally great, although recently it's been chirping every now and again whilst driving - possibly a memory card issue. I'm looking to see if it's worth changing.

I live in the UK up in the Highlands, I do a lot of evening\night driving. Reliable parking mode is essential to me for peace of mind. I would rather not lose any features of my current camera. I don't know if the Viofo still has issues with parking mode - I always use time lapse mode and will continue to do so.

I have shortlisted 3 manufactures - Viofo, BlackVue and Thinkware. Viofo is either the A129 plus or Pro, Thinkware U1000 or Q800 or the BlackVue BlackVue DR750-2CH LTE.

I really like the idea of the BlackVue with the cloud functionality, which I know costs £4 a month. Please disregard price as I don't want that to be a driving factor on choice (excuse the pun).

Sorry there is a fair amount of info but it might help anyone making a comment. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

For night video quality, the A129 Duo is still a little better with the Sony Starvis 2MP sensor, but the front cam only supports FHD.
Maybe you can check the memory card first if you haven't replaced the cards before.
The time-lapse and low bitrate option is the most stable parking mode option.

If a new card fixes your Duo then keep it. It's still one of the better 2-channel cams around. Many newer cams have better specs, but in a real-life comparison the difference is less than what you'd expect, and most of those are worse at night.

Phil

Yeah no quantum leap in dashcam performance i can think off, so if you can keep the old one going with a new card it would not be a bad thing unless you are really itching to blow some money.
I am currently kicking myself as i want to buy a new PC monitor, but really my current 144 Hz 1080 p screen are just fine and only a few years old, and a new 240 Hz 1440p screen also 27" is really just blowing money.
So ! i am looking for other just a little bit more sane things to spend money on,,,,, and i am sure as soon as i have some unforeseen bill drop in the door, cuz thats how it is most times.

If you have gotten 5 years out of a memory card in a dashcam thats pretty good in my book, i only expect 2 years though i usually get more than that.

Maybe a new firmware could make the A129 Duo perform better, they have seen a bit of development, both from the factory but i also think modders looked at that particular model.

Whoa- it needs to be made clear that the SGDashCam review spoken of here has nothing to do with Street Guardian cams at all. We often refer to Street Guardian as "SG" and this needed to be clarified.

As to the Iroad cams, there are some known reliability issues and same as with any cam, buyers need to do their research well before buying any dashcam as none are perfect and none ever will be, but some are better than others.

Phil

Whoa- it needs to be made clear that the SGDashCam review spoken of here has nothing to do with Street Guardian cams at all. We often refer to Street Guardian as "SG" and this needed to be clarified.

As to the Iroad cams, there are some known reliability issues and same as with any cam, buyers need to do their research well before buying any dashcam as none are perfect and none ever will be, but some are better than others.

Phil
the SG in this case is the abbreviation for Singapore, very typical abbreviation used

not so typical, the 'review' site he 'found' for the iroad is also the iroad distributors website. make of that what you will

Back