New DVR-027 purchased!

Orionizer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just purchased a new DVR-027 from hopezone001 based on this site's reviews... Will let everyone know how it goes! :D

I was about to buy it from hopezone too since estore had it for $95 a few days ago. Upon closer inspection of the listing however, the resolution is 1280x960, which means its extrapolated from the real quality which is 640x480. It's supposed to be 1280x720p. It seems that although he took the pictures from estore, he was careful not to misled others entirely by posting in red the real resolutions of the dash cam he was selling.

I would cancel if you could, and rebuy from estore. They have re-listed their dvr-027 @ $60, and the new updated dvr-207 for $70(it was $60 when I grabbed it, when they first listed it yesterday)

I bought the one from Hopezone linked in the FAQ on Monday since Estore was jacked up to $90. Stupidly I didn't read the description more carefully till after I paid for it there's $59 down the drain. :evil:

Hi Pknitty86,

From what I have seen hopezone sells the real DVR-027. It is likely the same vendor as estore009. Note that in the eBay listing it states. "This item is DVR-027" and has a table describing the "DVR-027" with the correct resolutions. Perhaps email them to confirm. If they send you something else, open a dispute on eBay and let me know. I will take it off the main page as well.

I sent him a measage already haven't heard back yet. Hopefully it's legit I'll keep you posted.

Oh phooey! I went based on the main page FAQ link as well, so I didn't even read the description.

As someone above stated, it shows ???x960 in the above description, but at the bottom, it says "This Item Is DVR-027" and in the table it states DVR-027 supports 720p.

I'll write to them as well and see if I get a response...

ETA - Just wrote and they're usually a few hours to get a response - will let everyone know what I find out.

Surprised to hear they haven't heard back. If he sends an inferior camera you can use eBay buyer protection to get money back based on the table with resolutions they have on the ad. Keep us updated.

I got a measage from "Vicky" saying it's real DVR 027 and if I'm not satisfied I can return or exchange in 14 days.

Should be the same "Vicky" from estore009. I wouldn't worry guys, this should be the real deal.

Hi all! Got a reply (at 2am or so, so hence the late reply).

Here is what I received:

Thanks for the inquiry,
Yes, it has three resolution medle:
1280x720
848x480
640x480
Yes, this is DVR-027 ,.REAL 720P HD
Look foward to being at your service.

Looks like we're in business! :D

I just ordered the DVR027 form eBay Estore009based of what I have heard here. I have been looking for a mid price unit and what I have read here tells me this is an Ok unit for the price.

Just received today and all is in working order! Just wanted to follow up to let everyone know! :D

Looks like mine came in today also. I'm at work though so I haven't seen it yet.

Well, my battery has "blown up". Noticed it wasn't doing the usual shutdown sound and noticed the actual battery compartment plate was bowed. Pulled that open and noticed the battery had "puffed" in the middle.

Cam still shows as recording, but last actual recording was 08/26/14. Found a replacement battery online, but was wondering if this will fix it, or if the cam is shot?

Anyone else had this happen?

Well, my battery has "blown up". Noticed it wasn't doing the usual shutdown sound and noticed the actual battery compartment plate was bowed. Pulled that open and noticed the battery had "puffed" in the middle.

Cam still shows as recording, but last actual recording was 08/26/14. Found a replacement battery online, but was wondering if this will fix it, or if the cam is shot?

Anyone else had this happen?
Try replacing the battery

Back