New DVR207 from eBay seller estore009? 1440x1080?

RSole

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried the DVR207? The review on this site for the DVR027 gives several sources to buy, including eBay seller estore009. who now sells the DVR207 which they claim is an improved model of the DVR027. It has 1440 x 1080 in 15 fps resolution, better and clearer menu options.

The seller's photos show the processor as a superior (according to this site) Zoran ZR364246BGCG, instead of the DVR027's ZR36482BGCF.

I would love to know what folks here think of this dash cam before I commit to buying one.

The eBay item number is 310585954574.
EBay Description:
2013 Newest DVR207 HD720P IR Car Vehicle Dash Camera DVR Rotable 270° Monitor
Updated DVR027,100% Original,Classic,Stable,1080X1440

most likely just the evolution of the model, as a newer solution becomes available the older chipset gets phased out, depends how similar they are as to whether that has any implications about the stability of the product or not, I guess before too long you'll start to get feedback from people that have bought this newer version

An internet search on this model found nothing except that eBay listing. Nothing on YouTube, Google, Dash cam sites. It must really new. I'll wait a day or two in case members here warn me away from it. By the way, it's going for the same price as the 027....$59.99. Not much hard info in the listing. Can't tell it it's H.264/avi, etc.

RSole said:
An internet search on this model found nothing except that eBay listing. Nothing on YouTube, Google, Dash cam sites. It must really new. I'll wait a day or two in case members here warn me away from it. By the way, it's going for the same price as the 027....$59.99. Not much hard info in the listing. Can't tell it it's H.264/avi, etc.

I wouldn't expect there to be many major changes, this is the time of year (post Chinese New Year) when newer solutions start to appear, if it's an upgrade you'll likely see more vendors with the same soon, if it's a variant (supply problem with the other solution sometimes mean an alternative is used, supply problems are common around CNY as well) then it could just be a filler product, a couple sold already so you might see some feedback before too long

That eBay seller shows 6 sold, all from yesterday and today (Feb 18-19) so I wouldn't expect any feedback for a month or so. Seems to be one of the more reputable Chinese sellers unless one checks the neg feedback, but ya get that with any seller. I may hover over and activate the "Buy Now" button today. They say to wait and contemplate any purchase at the rate of one day per $100 of product cost. It's been more than 18 hours and my "buying now" finger is getting itchy...

Hi Rsole,

I probably need to build a page on dash cam processors (expand on what is in the buying guide). These CSR-Zoran Processors fall into families named "Coach" and they also have a ZR part number. The newest is Coach 16 but most dash cams are using chips in Coach 10 or 12.

Here is some info:

Coach 10 (4 models that I am aware of) - this is a fairly old processor family

COACH 10D (part # ZR36487BGCF) – For entry to mid range DSLR
COACH 10M (part # ZR36480BGCF) – For mainstream still and video cameras supporting standard definition video capture
COACH 10S (part # ZR36483BGCF) – For entry level still cameras
COACH 10P (part # ZR36482BGCF) – For high performance still and video cameras supporting HD (high definition) video capture and HDMI interface

The DVR-027 uses the COACH 10P (part # ZR36482BGCF)

Coach 12 (3 models - M, V and P but there appear to be variations)
Coach 12MDV (part# ZR364249BGCG) - entry level
Coach 12P (part # ZR364242BCCG) - mid level
Coach 12V (part # ZR364246BGCG) - higher level

Here is a slide on the different models (variations are shown).
dashcamtalk.com_cams_csr_zoran_CSR_Zoran_20Coach_20Video_20Resolution.jpg

The F302-A uses the Coach 12P # ZR364242BCCG. This new DVR-207 appears to be using the Coach 12MDV ZR364249BGCG, a step below the F302-A.

This is a newer generation processor when compared to the Coach 10P from the DVR-027 so video quality might be slightly better. Not sure on reliability or bugs for this device. It will probably take a while until we get more feedback on it.

I haven't researched Coach 13, Coach 14, Coach 15 or Coach 16 yet.

Hmm, I ignored the F302A because the comparison page here mentioned overheating issues. I'm fairly handy and could easily add heatsinks and a tiny fan if need be. Aliexpress has if for $69.
The F302A lacks LEDs, a point in it's favor. No rotating display, but I wonder how important that is.

No matter which camera, one mod I will do is try to make a hood/shield to eliminate windshield(screen) reflections. For my home surveillance cams I used hot water pipe insulation, the slit black foam tubes that come in 3 ft (one meter) lengths. Because of the 120 degree views, it will have to be fashioned into a cone. The added benefit is that it would also dampen vibrations that the mount alone can't prevent. But I'm digressing.

Thanks for the info in this thread, I'm new at this. I have a GoPro Hero HD but with no display, it's awkward to use and setup for a dash cam.

Oh, what to buy, what to buy...??

(more research, I suppose, unless someone here can sway me towards a particular unit under $80)

RSole said:
Hmm, I ignored the F302A because the comparison page here mentioned overheating issues. I'm fairly handy and could easily add heatsinks and a tiny fan if need be.

more often than not there's no physical room for heatsinks without modifying the housing also

ok, well i pushed the button and orered this today. will pop the housing off once it comes in and see what it claims to be, at least. i believe in Moore's law, so it would make sense that we should be able to get a better chipset for the same price, a few years later.

A new model? Thats cool. I was thinking about to buy a real DVR-027 in the future but now this improved and original version. Wow. I really would like to see a review of it and if its really that better what the description and the pictures says.

Greetings

Now the seller dropped it back down to $69.99!!! Seems like the old bait and switch.

I was lucky enough to get it when it was first listed for $60. Was the 3rd to buy it, and am willing to be the guinea pig. Hopefully the reliability and quality is at least the same, if not better than the old gen one. Was getting irked because no one was able to buy it during the lunar new year. Now I am glad they did that, and have released the new model at the same time they re-opened for business.

One thing I noticed about estore009 is that when they run low/out of stock they raise the price dramatically. That way they don't have to end the listing. I think the price is $70 now instead of $60 because they probably sold more than expected...already 29 sold! Hopefully another reputable seller has it as well to give them a bit of competition.

It was $59.99 while I was viewing the item, and jumped to $69.99 when I checked out and bought it. I'm asking for a credit of $10. Their feedback may suffer if they don't comply.

The SAME EXACT thing happened to me!!! It was $59.99 when I was viewing it, then when I checked out it jumped to $99.99! I did email the seller right away, and they did refund the difference!! Thank God they are fairly honest. Pretty bad when the price jumps around so often. They stated in the refund that the original $59.99 price was wrong. They know what price they're listing the dash cam for before they hit the submit button. Whatever. At least I got a refund.

I also got the $10 refund. "Vicky" was most apologetic and explained how they had erred on the original price. Someone in sales there is now on his way to a Chinese gulag for letting the state down. That extra $10 would have paid a week's wages for an additional hacker to overthrow our system.

RSole said:
I also got the $10 refund. "Vicky" was most apologetic and explained how they had erred on the original price. Someone in sales there is now on his way to a Chinese gulag for letting the state down. That extra $10 would have paid a week's wages for an additional hacker to overthrow our system.

That made me laugh! :)

I saw in the Ebay listing's pictures that the processor used is the Zoran ZR364249BGCG. Anyone have an insight on how good or bad this processor is?

For a bit of info on the processor, see DashCamMan's earlier post (6th post on page one of this thread)

Back