New E-Prance 0803/0805 - a couple of issues

markc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, E-Prance 0805
Hi, I'm new to the forum and the world of dashcams :)

Just got an E-Prance branded 0803 - which it turns out is actually what everyone here is calling an 0805 - and have a couple of issues...

1. The GPS speed overlay on the video is miles out. I *think* it is doing the conversion from kmh to mph incorrectly, dividing by 0.6 rather than multiplying. so the stamped speed is way over reading. Registrator Viewer also displays incorrectly if I set it to imperial units the speed is under reading (by approximately 0.6x ), if I set it to metric then Registrator shows the speed I would expect in mph.

2. For the life of me I cannot get autoexec.ash files to run, even a simple one line echo to a .txt file doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

My camera firmware version is 20141107 v1.0

Cheers
Mark

ask them for updated firmware, GPS speed is in knots and the conversion is to either mph or kph, they don't convert one to the other, they've obviously got the conversion incorrect

Thanks, I have sent them an email, let's see if they reply. Any ideas why the autoexec.ash file does not seem to work?

Thanks, I'll try again, then hopefully Tobi@s can provide a hint. What I have tried so far...
(Yes, I use a 'proper' editor and set UNIX line endings, no BOM etc)
  1. Creating autoexec.ash direct on the camera via the USB link.
  2. Creating autoexec with SD card direct in laptop.
  3. Formatted the SD card in laptop, then created autoexec.
  4. Copied the scripts for dumping the firmware, nothing happens.
  5. Created a simple script to dump to disk partitions to file, nope.
  6. Tried 5. both with full paths and no file paths at all - drives > drives.txt
If I cannot backup the current firmware I am a bit hesitant to flash another version.

OK, I finally got it to work, I downloaded the backup zip and the autoexec.ash file out of there works!

EDIT: Did a byte-byte comparison of a file I created with the one out the zip - identical, I'm stumped on this one!

Now, the A7Tool does not like the backup, but I have flashed the 20141204 version with the MPH fix, and it updated OK. I haven't driven it yet to see if it is working OK though.

Here is the standard E-Prance 0805 20141107 v1.0 firmware I backed up from unit. Maybe Tobias can figure out why the A7tool doesn't like it?

Last edited:
The backup is missing the HAL partition.
Please post the autoexec you used.

Here you go, it is from the zip file here

Code:
rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl gen 5 bst bld pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin
rm d:\autoexec.ash

Edit: Which I can now see does not have the hal or rfs options, doh!
Maybe that zip file should be removed or updated.

The good news is that the 20141204 firmware is working a treat, it fixed the MPH issue, and also fixed the GPS heading which wasn't being recorded correctly for some reason, also the speed jumps between (would jump up to 100mph+) between video segments are gone.

Now, if I could just up the bit rate, and decrease the over sharpening...

This one should work:
Code:
rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl gen 6 bst bld hal pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin
rm d:\autoexec.ash

Reactions: Mtz
no "rfs" required?

"rfs" doesn't even exist... Unfortunately I called the rom (reayd only memory >> ro-filesystem) partition "rfs" (rom file system) when I did my first "hacks" on the firmware. So I published a lot posts where I called rom rfs but it is wrong :D

Short: ROM = RFS, RFS doesn't exist.

Hi,
I've got a new version for you from an 0805 I just received from Gearbest.
It says it is 805GS 20150513 v1
I ran the autoexec.ash and got the attached bin file.
Here
It's the second one I got from them (at a massive discount) because my first one keeps crashing. I'll use it and then the next time I go to look it won't switch on. I'm wondering if was a power issue or a software issue. I have to let it completely discharge (a couple days!) until pressing the power button no longer makes the blue light flash and then when plugged in it will switch on again.

update: I used this firmware from my new 2nd cam on the first cam (originally 20141114) it boots up but all the menus are blank! - So I went back one to 20150423 version downloaded from http://dc.p-mc.eu/0805/firmware and that worked Ok. After a single use it hung and is again awaiting complete discharge. The new cam has been used a few times and been fine so far..

Back