New F750 - App will not connect

G2017

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hallo, I am new here and hope you can help with a problem on my F750.

I have connected up both supply wires to Aux and constant outputs.

The camera boots with all the announcements.

When I select the wifi my phone (Samsung S5) can connect to it and can put in the password and the phone shows connected. When I start the app it cannot see the camera and keeps putting my back to the wifi settings page.

I have reset the camera. Reinstalled the wifi connection (forget etc) but still can't connect. Noticed that there is a firmware update (f750_3_1.00.24) so installed that and it said that was successful. So now I am stuck.

I noticed on Google Play that there are reports of the app not working - don't know if that is general.

Have contacted support (UK) who went through a number of tests and agreed it was faulty and to return it for replacement.

Would like to know if I have missed a step here or whether you agree that it is a fault.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

David

I assume that if the "tests" satisfy "UK" that it is duff it must be, they won't get involved with replacing it if they think it is anything else, unfortunately even with the best will in the world what ever make of any thing there will always be a certain few dicky ones get through

Thanks. Just wondered if it might be a common issue and there was a work around.

My experience it's rarely the camera itself, although i think i had one a long time ago that was! We get the odd instance of the App closing when you try and view video from the camera but strangely you can usually adjust the settings still. One thing is if the phone doesn't have much free memory (the phone needs to have about 1gb free) What phone do you have please? I think they had a slight issue with some Sony Xperia model (Cant be the Xperia X as i use that flawlessly) and made a slightly modified version of the App. I may have this somewhere if you want to give it a try?

I have got my replacement F750 and is working correctly, so there must have been a problem with the other. Now got it fitted and also decided to install the rear camera at the same time.

Back