New Feature Requests

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
This is an attempt to show VIOFO the features we would like:

• Option to make "G-Sensor" more sensitive in parking mode.
  • Be able to activate mic only in parking mode and disable it while driving as option in the App.
  • Power Button status be retained though multiple power on cycles.
  • 21:9 recording.
  • Option to have wifi turn on by default.
  • H265 option in menu (you can turn it on by holding down the MIC button for 10(?) seconds, thanks forum).
  • Speak how many parking mode incidents happened when you get back in your car.
  • 'Cloud' features.
  • App to separate parking, driving and locked files
  • Sharpness control setting
  • Press button to capture separate short clip
  • Upload custom sounds for startup, even if we have to encode it in a weird format
  • Double-push bluetooth remote turns off camera or stops recording
  • Cloud uploading of recordings.

Last edited:
hehe yeah :)

Besides what i have learnt over the years is the " cool stuff" i would want cant be done in the hardware, and i also seem to be the only one wanting that.
So i try and limit myself now to " just make it good image quality" and "if its anything else, just make it work before you ship it out the door"

Maybe we could make a poll or something where a reasonable list of features we'd want appear at the top. Or maybe it would turn into a feature creep mess.

Reactions: Amu
Maybe we could make a poll or something where a reasonable list of features we'd want appear at the top. Or maybe it would turn into a feature creep mess.
since you started this thread you can easily edit the first post, maybe as people offer suggestions you can add them to the first post

since you started this thread you can easily edit the first post, maybe as people offer suggestions you can add them to the first post

Agreed. And if he doesn’t know how to edit the post so we can make it a great thread where we can hopefully get some good features added going forward, then someone else should create one.

You might also change the titel of the thread like "community requests" or whatever.

- Be able to activate mic only in parking mode and disable it while driving as option in the App.

That would be my only request right now

I do like having MIC going when parked too, thats one of the reasons i use low bitrate normal recording when parked.

This is an attempt to show VIOFO the features we would like:

• Be able to activate mic only in parking mode and disable it while driving as option in the App.
  • 21:9 recording.
  • Option to have wifi turn on by default.

O come on! You don't want to hear yourself cussing and yelling at other drivers?

Honestly, you can manually disable the mic each time the car is started. I believe mic enabled by default to be fully intentional. Having audio record during an event can be a crucial piece of evidence. For instance, Mr. @mentadent was minding his own business, and he gets flagged down by the police. By having the audio disabled by default, you may not remember to enable during such critical moments.

Maybe this police officer accuses you of speeding or another traffic infraction you know is bogus. He has the wrong car, and decides to remain a prick. Or maybe the police officer accuses you of another wrong doing. Again, you have the conversation recorded.

To me, while I hate being recorded while driving, I have settled on the benefits outweigh the risk. My Dash Camera has come in handy on several occasions and I am more than happy to relinquish some personal freedoms to have the protection the cameras afford.

Honestly, you can manually disable the mic each time the car is started. I believe mic enabled by default to be fully intentional. Having audio record during an event can be a crucial piece of evidence.
some people don't use the MIC when driving, can be for legal reasons, privacy concerns etc, but even some of those people have recognised that in parking mode they'd like to have it on, toggling it on and off all the time would get old really fast, and you know the one time you forgot to change it would be the time you should have, having it individually selectable as ON/OFF for driving and parking modes is a logical solution

Any other feature requests?

Any other feature requests?

Viofo said they will enable station mode down the road. It's available in firmware version 1.2 but not yet "active" and able to be used. I doubt Viofo has any cloud ambitions. But someone wanting to could setup an lte modem and stream their camera's footage to a computer that records the live stream. Or at least check in on their vehicle.

Not exactly a 'feature' but I'll begin with a FW request: To make "G-Sensor" more sensitive in parking mode. It seems several people want this. After that...

It would be nice to be able to have 'g-sensor' activated while using low-bitrate parking mode. I presume this is possible since we can do that while recording in driving mode.

Phil

It would be nice to be able to have 'g-sensor' activated while using low-bitrate parking mode. I presume this is possible since we can do that while recording in driving mode.

Phil
yes that is a supported function, if it's not there now it's something that could easily be added

I would second the request to activate the G-Sensor while using Low-Bitrate Parking Mode. Motion detection produces way to many false positives to be useful. It would also be nice if there was an audio as well as a voice notification function when you return if a video was locked due to the G-Sensor being activated while you were gone.

I would also like to see the Power Button status be retained though multiple power on cycles. Today, if you power down the Dash Cam, it will automaticly power back up the next time you start the car. There may be times where you want to temporarly disable the dash cam for a period of time. Having to unplug the Dash Cam to achieve this seems excessive.

Last edited:
I don't know if this could be added, but a sharpness setting (at least normal - high - low) would be very nice. By default, images are very oversharpened.
And I certainly second the higher sensitivity for the G sensor in parking mode (and in low bitrate, without motion detection) would be awesome !:D

Having the app separate the videos would be good. Currently they have a section for parking videos and one for locked files but then the other section still includes parking files and locked meaning you have to also wait for the parking files to load when your are looking for a driving video.

Oh, also one very useful function I had on an older chinese camera (Goluk) was that when the wireless button was pressed, the camera recorded a short separate file, about 12-15 seconds long, with 6 seconds before the event and 6 seconds after the event. These files were recorded in a separate folder, making it very easy to find an interesting event (and much easier to download to the phone). I would love to see this on the A139. It happened more than once to me that when I pressed the button, the camera was at the end (or the very beginning) of a loop, hence not capturing the actual event....bummer!

Back