New Firmware A119.20160829.V1.1

venni

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I just received my new A119 dash cam from GearBest. Went to the Viofo site and noticed a new firmware was just published today (2016-08-29) version A119.20160829.V1.1.

Has anyone tried flashing it yet? Any problems? Any improvements?

http://www.viofo.com/home/30-a119-1080p-60fps-dash-cam.html -> Support tab

Changelog:
Code:
1.Added: Speed Unit Option: MPH and KPH;
2.Added: GPS info Stamp: Speed, Coordinate, All Info, Off
3.Added: Display Customize Text on video;
4.Added: The DOT . as option in customize text/car license number list
5.Added: Model stamp option: On and Off
6.Added: Turkey Language
7.Improved: No card format warning after read files on computer
8.Improved: Reduce night time video noise and optimize metering
9.Improved: Removed setting prompt for language and date/time for first-time use.
10.Improved: Default date time changed to firmware release time
11.Improved: Update the menu string text.
12.Changed: Default time-zone is GMT +0, default frequency is 50Hz.
13.Changed: LDWS/FCWS only works in 1080P 30fps mode due to hardware limitation
14.Changed: Time-lapse video duration is 2mins
15.Fixed: Screen turned on while motion detected and start recording in screen save mode

Thank you for the info :)

Scroll down a bit and click on that Support tab...

Thanks! There's a "Support" heading at the top of the page that goes nowhere, I hadn't scrolled down. Kinda don't get that but good to go now.:)

Ok , here's an issue !
Loaded the f/w onto a 32gb card (as ive done several times) and the cam simply will not power up when the card is inserted to update !
Load any other card another 32gb / 64gb powers up no issues , and the card loaded with the f/w does work perfectly when inserted without the f/w file on .
@jokiin @viofo

Any ideas ?? a little bemused & confused , maybe corrupt file uploaded or ?

Ok , here's an issue !
Loaded the f/w onto a 32gb card (as ive done several times) and the cam simply will not power up when the card is inserted to update !
Load any other card another 32gb / 64gb powers up no issues , and the card loaded with the f/w does work perfectly when inserted without the f/w file on .
@jokiin @viofo

Any ideas ?? a little bemused & confused , maybe corrupt file uploaded or ?
Maybe try to format card in camera first, remove and copy bin file to card and re-insert into camera to try again?

Hi , thanks for both replies .
Currently on the beta f/w
When formatted the offending card does work fine as a recording card .
Will format again and re-download the f/w and try again .

Ill keep you all updated , so far nobody has reported the f/w ok ?
Maybe a corrupt file upload ?

Thanks again

Hi , thanks for both replies .
Currently on the beta f/w
When formatted the offending card does work fine as a recording card .
Will format again and re-download the f/w and try again .

Ill keep you all updated , so far nobody has reported the f/w ok ?
Maybe a corrupt file upload ?

Thanks again
I downloaded and upgraded from 805 - no problems.

Hi all !
Re-downdoaded and cleaned / formatted card in cam , now appears to be working fine .
Can only assume there was a break somehow in the original download .

So far so good

Updated just now without issue other than having to input date/settings etc again.

I am currently on previous beta (and have no problems), so should I update to this or not ?

I am currently on previous beta (and have no problems), so should I update to this or not ?
why the heck not. it may contain some other bug fixes we aren't aware of. and besides its classified as stable and doesn't take much effort to update.

Just be aware of (at least) 2 known bugs which may or may not have also been on the beta (I never used that version). Both can be worked around as long as you are aware.

One is the double-beep of death (see dedicated thread) and the other is the lock up if deleting the last video on a micro SD card.

Hi, I just received my new A119 dash cam from GearBest. Went to the Viofo site and noticed a new firmware was just published today (2016-08-29) version A119.20160829.V1.1.

Has anyone tried flashing it yet? Any problems? Any improvements?

http://www.viofo.com/home/30-a119-1080p-60fps-dash-cam.html -> Support tab

Changelog:
Code:
1.Added: Speed Unit Option: MPH and KPH;
2.Added: GPS info Stamp: Speed, Coordinate, All Info, Off
3.Added: Display Customize Text on video;
4.Added: The DOT . as option in customize text/car license number list
5.Added: Model stamp option: On and Off
6.Added: Turkey Language
7.Improved: No card format warning after read files on computer
8.Improved: Reduce night time video noise and optimize metering
9.Improved: Removed setting prompt for language and date/time for first-time use.
10.Improved: Default date time changed to firmware release time
11.Improved: Update the menu string text.
12.Changed: Default time-zone is GMT +0, default frequency is 50Hz.
13.Changed: LDWS/FCWS only works in 1080P 30fps mode due to hardware limitation
14.Changed: Time-lapse video duration is 2mins
15.Fixed: Screen turned on while motion detected and start recording in screen save mode
Does anyone know if the A119 firmware has been updated past the last release of 2016-08-29 Is there a site that offers the latest firmware updates without always having to google it. Also I noticed that Dash Cam Talk removed the A119 information comparison and wonder why .

Does anyone know if the A119 firmware has been updated past the last release of 2016-08-29 Is there a site that offers the latest firmware updates without always having to google it. Also I noticed that Dash Cam Talk removed the A119 information comparison and wonder why .
What A119 information comparison? The 0829 firmware is the latest released.

What A119 information comparison? The 0829 firmware is the latest released.
Tks for reply also u wondered what I meant about the comparison... Well when you open up Dash cam talk its the first option to pick from where it lists all the DVR'S in the drop down box. the A119 was there but now its gone and I just wondered why it was taken off.

Back