new Firmware available - 20160317 version (both card versions)

ANy idea what is new in this firmware? Is it worth changing?

Update:
1) HDR mode is on in any resolution.
2) ADS & LDW is better.
But there is one customer report: his 0805 has issuse: usb mode screen when he stared the car. :) Not sure because of newfirmware or what. Contine test. :)

hello all
New mini 805 user from 3 days.I updated to 20160328-1card (preview was 20160125).No problems for the moment.
But the option HDR is not visible in resolution setting for all mode.Sincerly ,I dont' see any differences in menu, ecc respect original firmware.
My problem is the quality of video image.Now I use HDR 1920-1080 30fps, but the image is not very clear and sharpness.
I used a few days a xiaomy Yi action cam,( no dashcam) and the image of xiaomi is visible more more nice.
I used the max resolution 2560×1080 @ 30fps but I don't find a soution to see the video without any
interruptions.Maybe my Pc is old :)

hello all
New mini 805 user from 3 days.I updated to 20160328-1card (preview was 20160125).No problems for the moment.
But the option HDR is not visible in resolution setting for all mode.Sincerly ,I dont' see any differences in menu, ecc respect original firmware.
My problem is the quality of video image.Now I use HDR 1920-1080 30fps, but the image is not very clear and sharpness.
I used a few days a xiaomy Yi action cam,( no dashcam) and the image of xiaomi is visible more more nice.
I used the max resolution 2560×1080 @ 30fps but I don't find a soution to see the video without any
interruptions.Maybe my Pc is old :)
You can install this program to your PC if it's not. Can read MOV file smoothly.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
And in new firmware, mini 0805 have HDR choice from menu. It means all resolution have HDR when you turn HDR is on. :)

Update:
1) HDR mode is on in any resolution.
2) ADS & LDW is better.
I just updated one the other day and was curious as well. Thanks

"What is the difference between HDR and WDR?
None. It is the same thing. Names differ between industries. HDR is mostly used in photography. WDR in video surveillance industry."
I belive if we put WDR ON is available for all resolutions.I don't find HRd option in my menu.

What resolution is recommended to achieve maximum possibility of the camera?This setting ss different day to night?
Sorry for off topic.

"What is the difference between HDR and WDR?
None. It is the same thing. Names differ between industries. HDR is mostly used in photography. WDR in video surveillance industry."
I belive if we put WDR ON is available for all resolutions.I don't find HRd option in my menu.

What resolution is recommended to achieve maximum possibility of the camera?This setting ss different day to night?
Sorry for off topic.
Because I feel: with HDR (WDR) on. We will have a very nice picture unless when car runs to fast. When car runs fast, HDR make imagine become blurry.
I used to said to skyhigh seller: you may tell your company: if you cam can automatic turn on when your cam at slow speed, and turn off when your cam at high speed. That's will be awsome. She said their engineers understand that and will try to do. But the result will be not stable.
When I saw this firmware, I think they did it. :D
The menu said: you can turn HDR(WDR) on or off mean: 0805 can turn on penalty or off penalty

Last edited:
Yesss....
Is clear to me :if WDR is on, image, video image , became blurry to high speed.I don't think this before :).
And yes, your ideea is very nice.But is possible to define "slow speed " and "high speed"?
If we speek in km/hour, sorry european system :), 40 km/h is a superior limit of slow speed?
I wont to add another...to my shame, I tuch a little the lens, now I have a permanent, near to invisible scratch or mark in frontal lens.Exist spare parts lens for mini 805? I mount and demount every day(3 days) to see the results in PC, and the lens are unprotected
Again, sorry for off topic, is the last message in this thread of firmware :)

Yesss....
Is clear to me :if WDR is on, image, video image , became blurry to high speed.I don't think this before :).
And yes, your ideea is very nice.But is possible to define "slow speed " and "high speed"?
If we speek in km/hour, sorry european system :), 40 km/h is a superior limit of slow speed?
I wont to add another...to my shame, I tuch a little the lens, now I have a permanent, near to invisible scratch or mark in frontal lens.Exist spare parts lens for mini 805? I mount and demount every day(3 days) to see the results in PC, and the lens are unprotected
Again, sorry for off topic, is the last message in this thread of firmware :)
I just say high speed. The engineers will not depend on speed but other thing I don't know. :) Maybe the blurry of image ? :)

Is there anyway around the USB mode with this firmware? I don't see an option to turn it off from mass storage when I plug it in via my car's USB ports.

You have this problem too ? so, it's because of firmware. Simple, use another firmware ;)

I just tried to downgrade to the one on 20160322 and it keeps saying upgrade failed. How do I factory reset the firmware or downgrade? It won't work for some reason?

I just tried to downgrade to the one on 20160322 and it keeps saying upgrade failed. How do I factory reset the firmware or downgrade? It won't work for some reason?
That's odd. You could try the others.
Try one of these in this page: https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/ looking in section:
Previous Versions

Sounds good. Which firmware has the USB option?

When I connect it to my cars USB it tries to read it as mass storage. I have a 2014 Civic EX in Canada and have two available USBs. This is why I want to know if there is a firmware that exists that has an option to turn off the mass storage option, as seen in the manual i received(however default firmware does not have it)

Hi. I just updated the firmware 20160317_1A7_805_ZX_1CARD_GPS.zip, and now my 0805 does not have the option to turn off the ADAS function. This function has been replaced by WDR (on or off). Are there any firmware updates to enable this feature again? Thank you

Back