New firmware DR650GW-2CH (v.2.008_2017.04.10)

stefxx

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
Just found this firmware on the BlackVue site. Not installed yet... release notes below:

Also compatible with BlackVue DR650GW-2CH TRUCK and DR650GW-2CH IR.

WHAT’S NEW:
Firmware compatible with the Cloud service – BlackVue Over the Cloud.

Refer to this table for a comparison with the Legacy Firmware.

In this update (v2.008) :

– System Stabilization.

– DAB interference mitigation.

※ Note: this firmware does not support Rearview Kit (R-100).

I installed 2.008 today and tested for about an hour. I did not see any difference, and I haven't encountered any issues.

I didn't had any issues with 2.007 either. I need to test DAB a bit more to see if 2.008 makes any difference.

I updated this morning. So far I've had no problems.

Thanks for the post. I'll update mine as well

Just found this firmware on the BlackVue site. Not installed yet... release notes below:

Also compatible with BlackVue DR650GW-2CH TRUCK and DR650GW-2CH IR.

WHAT’S NEW:
Firmware compatible with the Cloud service – BlackVue Over the Cloud.

Refer to this table for a comparison with the Legacy Firmware.

In this update (v2.008) :

– System Stabilization.

– DAB interference mitigation.

※ Note: this firmware does not support Rearview Kit (R-100).

Forgive my newbie question, it says update is for 2ch, yet at the bottom it has a note it does not support rearview kit r100. Is that a separate "thing" this kit? Vs a 2ch or 2 camera set up? Is this r100 an add on or something? And does this upgrade supports 2 camera systems? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

The R100 is a separate add-on to connect the 650 2CH to an external LCD screen, so it can act as a rear-view parking (backup) camera.

The R100 is a separate add-on to connect the 650 2CH to an external LCD screen, so it can act as a rear-view parking (backup) camera.

Thanks for the info! Also thanks for posting comparison table, just figured out why volume recording would start and stop In 1.009.

Last edited:
Back