New Firmware for 808 #18 DR32

Mikk36

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2, SGZC12RC
Just a little heads up: new version of firmware is in development/testing.

Re: The new 808 #18 DR32 Car Camera

Excellent news.

If they need someone to test the firmware, I'm willing to test :D
I hope they can set the sensitivity of the mic...

Last edited by a moderator:

Well I did the firmware update, everything went ok as far as the instruction's state for doing the update. I'll take it for a test drive right now and post my findings.

Thanks for posting the update here, lets hope for the best. be back in 20 minutes.

I couldn't take it for a good ride, but for the test drive that I did take I am impressed. It is a huge improvement but think it could be a little better, it seems to still amplify the low tone noise in my truck, but I can at least hear the radio playing through out the entire test drive.

Hats off to the manufacturer for addressing this issue so fast, I don't think anyone here in the states would have be that quick at addressing a problem. I think if you could get the mic gain to not amplifiy this low frequency noise I think I would be 100% satisfied.

When I get the kids to school I'll take for a good ride on the highway a see what happens.

Glad to know. I forwarded your messages to the CS I'm chatting with.

Also I received the firmware from the developer and I will post it but with a better translation for the instructions.

Firmware update instructions for DR32 Car DVR (SD Card method)

1. Format MicroSD Card using the DR32 Menu (for more information please read the manual).
2. Copy the DR_32.BRN firmware file into the root of the MicroSD Card. This BRN file is inside the ZIP archive.
3. Insert the MicroSD Card to DR32.
4. Power On the camera and make sure recording function works well.
5. Enter Playback Mode
6. Press MENU Key and UP key at the same time till message !Firmware Update is shown on the screen. (About 5 seconds.)
7. FW is upgrading when the red LED is blinking.
8. When the LED light turns off, FW updating is complete.
9. Press Reset key to restart the Driving recorder.

Download the ZIP file containing the firmware:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zxave0

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:

gobbertinker said:
I couldn't take it for a good ride, but for the test drive that I did take I am impressed. It is a huge improvement but think it could be a little better, it seems to still amplify the low tone noise in my truck, but I can at least hear the radio playing through out the entire test drive.

Hats off to the manufacturer for addressing this issue so fast, I don't think anyone here in the states would have be that quick at addressing a problem. I think if you could get the mic gain to not amplifiy this low frequency noise I think I would be 100% satisfied.

When I get the kids to school I'll take for a good ride on the highway a see what happens.

I did watch the day recording in hxelecpro auction again and notice that you have to really listen closely to hear the noise of the car (suspension, bumps in the road, thudding noise), but the radio and the driver and passenger's voice's are not over taken by this low tone (frequency) noise. I believe there can be improvements made to lower the mic's ability of amplifying this low tone (frequency) noise. I do have a 3/4 ton truck with a diesel engine so I would imagine that this noise will be more noticeable. If you do post your results here, how about stating what type of vehicle you are testing the camera with. This would give the rest of us an idea of what to expect from our situation.

Gobbertinker, would You be so kind and post a before and after sample for us?

Mikk36 said:
Gobbertinker, would You be so kind and post a before and after sample for us?

It's uploading as I write this, it takes for ever to upload video's. I will be taking the kids to school shortly and will take this camera out on the highway for a test drive, but probably won't get to upload it until later today. I think I will set the camera to 720P 30fps so that it doesn't take so long to upload, I don't think this will affect the results of the audio.

Better set your video length for shorter time than actual 5 minutes.
1 to 3 minutes are the best for dashcams.

Also in the future don't use the Youtube feature to stabilize the shaking video because you will destroy the video quality. Use it only in very rare cases.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Better set your video length for shorter time than actual 5 minutes.
1 to 3 minutes are the best for dashcams.

Also in the future don't use the Youtube feature to stabilize the shaking video because you will destroy the video quality. Use it only in very rare cases.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't have an issue with the video quality of the camera, I believe I even note that in the video description. As far as video length, the option is there on the camera for 5 minute clips, 5 minutes clips make it far more less of a pain in the rear when editing than 1 minute clips. I just learning as far YouTube and down loading videos, I did not mean the stabilization to be done through YouTube.

Wow,
The improvement is definitely there.
About the radio, it seems that some of this is down to the placement of the speakers of the car and the placement of the microphone. Just at the end of the video, when you move the camera, the sound of the radio gets better, when you align the microphone better towards a speaker. Well, at least it seemed to me that way.

Mikk36 said:
Wow,
The improvement is definitely there.
About the radio, it seems that some of this is down to the placement of the speakers of the car and the placement of the microphone. Just at the end of the video, when you move the camera, the sound of the radio gets better, when you align the microphone better towards a speaker. Well, at least it seemed to me that way.

I have speakers in all 4 doors, I don't know if there is also speakers in the dashboard or not, my first guess is that there probably is not. The reason for stating the radio sound is that the camera seems to pick up and amplify the thudding sounds of the truck, and the camera seems to drop the radio sound when these noises occur. I'm working on editing a better driving test video, though I'm not going to do much editing of the actual 3 clips, just getting them joined together.

My email came in at 13:31 & I've been trying to upgrade ever since (a lovely way to spend your day off?)
When I enter playback mode & press the menu/up keys, all I get is the highlighted bar scrolling through the "play all/locked" selections - and with the 'beep' switched on, it gets annoying after many seconds (their instructions said 'firmware upgrade' comes up after 5 seconds!)
1.5 hours of trying every permutation af adding the file, resetting, formatting etc. :x

The video should be live in about 40 minutes. Enjoy

sludgeguts said:
My email came in at 13:31 & I've been trying to upgrade ever since (a lovely way to spend your day off?)
When I enter playback mode & press the menu/up keys, all I get is the highlighted bar scrolling through the "play all/locked" selections - and with the 'beep' switched on, it gets annoying after many seconds (their instructions said 'firmware upgrade' comes up after 5 seconds!)
1.5 hours of trying every permutation af adding the file, resetting, formatting etc. :x

At first I was holding the RED button and up arrow, you have to make sure you are holding the MENU (not the red button) button and the up arrow, when the red light comes on you can let go of the buttons and wait for the red light to go out and the screen will read "firmware update complete".

Back