New firmware for LB100 released on 13th Jun.

Tom cruise

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. Livue LB100 users:)

You can download new firmware of Livue LB100, just released on 13th, June

Visit http://eng.livue.co.kr/ and click Support tab.

There's also English manual available for download.

Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having trouble updating my camera. I put FW01_130613_EN.BIN in the root folder of my card, but my video still shows an old firmware in the lower right corner.

aox9up.png

33tkz9w.png

I've just updated mine, and it has worked fine.

All I did was rename it from FW01_130613_EN.bin to WINYCAM_V300_130613_EN.bin

The voice said "firmware updating start", then a couple of minutes later "firmware update end", the unit rebooted and said "constant recording start". I let it run for 30s or so, switched off, it said "constant recording end" and on checking the date stamp on the video, it shows FW01 v20130613_EN.

I did notice that the cam had deleted the firmware file from the SD card itself. Maybe try clearing the card first and rename it as above?

Mr-H said:
I've just updated mine, and it has worked fine.

All I did was rename it from FW01_130613_EN.bin to WINYCAM_V300_130613_EN.bin

The voice said "firmware updating start", then a couple of minutes later "firmware update end", the unit rebooted and said "constant recording start". I let it run for 30s or so, switched off, it said "constant recording end" and on checking the date stamp on the video, it shows FW01 v20130613_EN.

I did notice that the cam had deleted the firmware file from the SD card itself. Maybe try clearing the card first and rename it as above?

Thanks. I was having the same issue as CrzRsn. I did try wiping everything from the card, and even reformatted it, with no luck. It was frustrating because this was the second time I've updated the firmware, and the first time went without a hitch. I guess that was my issue - I had previously updated it with the Winycam firmware as opposed to the Livue version. Changing "FW01" to "WINYCAM_V300" did the trick.

P.S. Good ear. As shipped, the camera's voice was a computer-generated one, but it spoke better English than the voice that's included in the updated firmware. Until now, I could never quite make out the word "constant" when she says "constant recording start".

As far as I can tell, if it's a livue firmware installed on the device, it will only look for FW01_*.bin files, whereas if it is a Winy firmware, it will only look for WINYCAM_*.bin files.

Therefore:

If you're moving from Livue to Winycam, rename the WINYCAM_V300_*.bin file to FW01_*.bin.
If you're moving from Winycam to Livue, rename the FW01_*.bin file to WINYCAM_V300_*.bin.

If you're going Livue to Livue, as long as the firmware is FW01_*.bin, you'll be ok.
If you're going Winycam to Winycam, as long as the firmware is WINYCAM_V300_*.bin, you'll be ok.

* denotes the rest of the file name (so date/time stamp). Ensure that remains unchanged, so FW01_130101_EN.bin for a Winycam would change to WINYCAM_V300_130101_EN.bin and so on.

Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: Mtz
Anybody know what has been changed with this firmware update?

One thing I have noticed is that I don't get as many events happening for hitting a bump in the road now. It used be about every other file would be dumped into the events folder for any little bump in the road, but then it would ignore a big one. Seems much better.

dnorth13 said:
Anybody know what has been changed with this firmware update?

It seems to be much more sensitive to "motion" events. That is, when I'm parked, any car or pedestrian going by will activate the recording. With my prior firmware, it seemed to miss many events.

It might be my imagination, or it could be that I've had more motion activity.

About year ago, i've changed firmware to FW01_130613_EN.bin
And replaced battery, on almost new device (~1 month)

Now, time and date settings are broke again (battery again)
And worst thing, device lives it's own life
Stops and starts recordings with no reason

Have tried to firmware it again
Checked for new firmware, but havn't found any

Tried to firmware with the same file as it already upgraded - FW01_130613_EN.bin
Firmware upgraded ok
And device, at least, start continuos recordings

But:
1) All voice messages, turns to korean
2) Firmware turns to
3) Device can't accept any changes in settings (winybb and livue viewer)

Name : FW01
H/W ver : Rev2.0
F/W ver : v20121115

My question
Where can i get any new firmware for Livue LB100 or Winycam V300?

It is wrote on the first post:
Visit http://eng.livue.co.kr/ and click Support tab.
Also you need to download the Livue Viewer to make the settings.

Also:
As far as I can tell, if it's a livue firmware installed on the device, it will only look for FW01_*.bin files, whereas if it is a Winy firmware, it will only look for WINYCAM_*.bin files.

Therefore:

If you're moving from Livue to Winycam, rename the WINYCAM_V300_*.bin file to FW01_*.bin.
If you're moving from Winycam to Livue, rename the FW01_*.bin file to WINYCAM_V300_*.bin.

If you're going Livue to Livue, as long as the firmware is FW01_*.bin, you'll be ok.
If you're going Winycam to Winycam, as long as the firmware is WINYCAM_V300_*.bin, you'll be ok.

* denotes the rest of the file name (so date/time stamp). Ensure that remains unchanged, so FW01_130101_EN.bin for a Winycam would change to WINYCAM_V300_130101_EN.bin and so on.

Hope this helps someone!
Put the same firmware file twice on your card and rename one as FW01_130613_EN.bin and one as WINYCAM_V300_130613_EN.bin

enjoy,
Mtz

Back