New Firmware for the BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware v2.000

Well it seems that they have listened to some extent to our complaints.

Now allow changes between certain languages.

Seems new cameras don't have ANY firmware loaded. You do your own the first time

Also if you look in the distributors There is now an Ebay seller Dreamseller who I have bought off with success.

Makes a nice change to previous attitude.

After all a $ is a $ no matter where it comes from I guess They wholesale them, others sell them so they still get their cut.

Finally some common business sense.

Shame they wont tell me what capacity battery is in a DR 400 LOL

I fixed it with a 150mAh one for $3. 50 when the Aussie distributor wanted $85 to look at it.

Also if you look in the distributors There is now an Ebay seller Dreamseller who I have bought off with success.

Makes a nice change to previous attitude.
Well spotted - (this is who I bought from) Will email them now about my 550 rear cam cable!

I recently upgraded from 1.008 to 1.011. I hoped this would solve the starting problem I sometimes have. Every now and then, the device doesn't boot properly. The REC-light simply stays green and that's it. When I disconnect the cable, wait a moment and then reconnect, every works just fine.

Today, I upgraded from 1.011 to 2.000 and all seems well. I'm hoping this will solve the starting problem...

Edit: Shutting down is still faster (since 1.011), but I'm still having problems when starting the camera for the first time in a day... o_O

Last edited:
The website seems to be down since last Sat. Can anyone post another link? Thanks

Found a bug. Language is set to English, but when you try to export, you get this:

riaicm.jpg

I changed language to German and French and those translations are ok.

with fw 2.0 i think it boots up a little faster.
rare reboots are gone, but maybe it has to do with my sdcard. it was fragmented 40%, i did a full format.

this sdcard was running for 10 months without format

any upgrade on the graphic quality?

Point camera down a bit to get less sky and a bit more bonnet will improve brightness

I find 2.0 startup time much faster. Everything seems to be working ok after the upgrade.

Is that about the right angle?
Anyone know why my sound is so bad and crackly?

Last edited:
Mine does that too. I think you had the window cracked open and between the air/wind sound and the speakers, the mic gets overwhelmed. Mine crackles a bit when I leave from a dead stop for I have performance engine mount bushings which slightly vibrate the car.

Looks like the Blackvue site is down again. Hopefully it's up by the weekend when I can go get my car.

Mine does that too. I think you had the window cracked open and between the air/wind sound and the speakers, the mic gets overwhelmed. Mine crackles a bit when I leave from a dead stop for I have performance engine mount bushings which slightly vibrate the car.

Sound on my Blackvue DR500GW when driving is also atrocious (much worse than a cheapo Chinese dashcam). When the Blackvue is in parking mode the sound is normal though. It seems to me that the air flow from the air con doesn't help but my first dash cam was a cheapo and it never caused a problem with that one - go figure!

I got climate control so maybe that's the problem or maybe it's just too sensitive and needs the volume turning down.I take it the volume for the camera voice notifications is the record volume too.does anyone know ?

anyone with a copy of the v2.o english firmware to share ?
not able to access blackvue.com

Back