New Firmware for the BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware v2.000

I am on my second BV. The first one needed to be replaced under warranty. I do notice that the sound quality of my replacement BV is no where as clear as my first one.

Has been ok all day today Thursday here in Aussie Have just tried and its OK

That is so odd. I still cannot access it from the US.

H3IwDUu.jpg

Anyone else having trouble with WiFi on v2.000?

I try to connect from my laptop and it just says that it can't connect after about a second of trying. No luck connecting from my phone either.

I was hoping that it would fix the date/time stamp issues that I have been having, but no change there.

I may just flash back to v1.009, since that is the last version that both WiFi and FTP worked (v1.011 broke FTP).

Your password will go back to blackvue after firmware update so maybe that's your problem.if your password was changed previously then your phone will not connect as it will be looking for the old password

Your password will go back to blackvue after firmware update so maybe that's your problem.if your password was changed previously then your phone will not connect as it will be looking for the old password

I changed the password after the upgrade via SDCard with the Blackvue Windows program. No luck.

I changed the password after the upgrade via SDCard with the Blackvue Windows program. No luck.

Odd. I did it over the weekend and was successful. I made the SSID "blackvue" and gave an eight character password. Is the phone able to see the dashcam?

Well, after numerous reboots, WiFi is finally working. No idea what was wrong or what changed.

Now that I can finally connect, I can see that nothing has really changed from v1.011. Timestamp on the files still doesn't update properly, FTP is still broken.

I could live with the broken FTP (can turn it on manually through SSH) if the Timestamp was actually correct. Wish there was an option to just use the hardware clock rather than the broken GPS-based clock.

Time to downgrade (which is actually an upgrade) to v1.009.

here's my feedback on the 2.000e firmware for blackvue500gw-hd

startup/shutdown seems to be faster

-------
was running 2 units, one front and one rear.. got them in july2013

the front came with english firmware ,
the rear came with korean firmware, managed to telnet it and ran on 1.011e

both units running sandisk extreme 32g class10 cards , no problem with the videos or whatever so.

but i do notice that the front unit does seems to get it's gps fix faster then rear

for the rear unit...
after flashing to english firmware i realized the rear unit despite having a gps fix ( blue led) it's showing 1 hour earlier then the actual time .. ( left it alone)
after a few weeks, the unit decided to fast foward to 2016,, ( left it alone too)

after flashing to 2.000e, and after getting a gps fix... ( realized the date/time now goes back to 1 hour earlier then actual)

seriously wondering if the gps time off issue( faced by many ) is due to hardware( korean unit) flashed to english ...

I bought mine from MassDrop with English FW.

i guess these units tends to break down in a way or another after a certain period of time..

we got ours from q0010.com which ship directly from south korea to singapore for abt 240 to 280 sgd.

we got a total abt 10 plus units among my mates.
so far 1 unit having wifi total failure ( the rest of the features still works fine ) but again he run his unit hard.. pretty close to 24/7

Back