New firmware of Mini0805/Mini0826 (G-sensor)

BELLA WONG

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
manufacturer,Mini0801S, Mini0805P, MiniQ9, Mini series,
Hello Everyone,

Some customers said firmware No. 20160604 of Mini0805 / Mini0826 is not perfect enough, because the G-sensor is so sensitive (2.5), the file is easy to be locked even a small collision, for example, close the car door, there will be so many locked files in the memory card.

If user don't want so many locked files, we suggest they can upgrade the camera to the new firmware (G-sensor set as 4.5), download website as below:
http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
Upgrade steps:
copy firmware.BIN file to the root folder of the Mirco SD card, insert the card into the camera, connect with power, choose YES, it will takes less than 1 minute to upgrade firmware, camera will be turned off after upgrade is successful.

Any questions, welcome to contact me.

Thanks and best regards,

Bella

thank you for the info. we will be so happy that we have changelog for the future firmware.

I have 20160404 firmware... wonder if upgrading to this will resolve the fragmentation error...

I have 20160404 firmware... wonder if upgrading to this will resolve the fragmentation error...

Hi, Jeuda, no need to upgrade firmware, you can try to format the memory card regularly.

I have 0805 with firmware 20141211 and decided to go with 20160706_1card_gps. After the update, the recording does not loop anymore when the card is full. The video clips when deleted via pc keeps coming back and formatting the card via 0805 does not make any difference. I am using multiple 32gb/class 10 and they're now all full. I tried to format the card via windows cmd and it came back card is unusable. What's up with that?

I attempted to revert back the firmware to 20141211 by ex-father dld from this site but it brick my 0805 o_O

sounds like you have a faulty card
Thank you for the response but I have to disagree! There are now 4 cards previously used since the 20160706 update and I refused to buy another? H2testw returned multiple errors. I assumed the video files are locked and I have yet to find a way to unlock it. Windows can erase the recorded video clips but once I reinsert the card back to pc, all video clips are still there. The last recording is not playable, go figure!

go figure, you have a card you can't erase files from, and h2testw returns multiple errors, not sure why you don't think you have a card problem

you may well have other problems with the camera and it could be killing your cards but if you can't delete files from that card it also means the camera can't write to that card so you're not going to get anywhere the way things are so right now you still have a card problem

Yeah I heard yah! Unfortunately, Billknow's link to fw 20141211 is dead. But I managed to successfully install firmware 20141204 and left it run overnight.
Guess what? It worked fine as it should and recorded each 5 mins of video clips in continuous loop. SDcard is manageable the way it should.

I would think firmware 20160706 is killing sdcards, at least on my 0805 from foxoffer. Thought all 0805's are the same, No? ;)

Thank you for the response but I have to disagree! There are now 4 cards previously used since the 20160706 update and I refused to buy another? H2testw returned multiple errors. I assumed the video files are locked and I have yet to find a way to unlock it. Windows can erase the recorded video clips but once I reinsert the card back to pc, all video clips are still there. The last recording is not playable, go figure!
4 card ? what's a wasting. That's why i always advise ppl buy memory card in the same place they buy dashcam.

Back