New firmware of Mini0805/Mini0826 (G-sensor)

BELLA WONG

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
manufacturer,Mini0801S, Mini0805P, MiniQ9, Mini series,
Hello Everyone,

Some customers said firmware No. 20160604 of Mini0805 / Mini0826 is not perfect enough, because the G-sensor is so sensitive (2.5), the file is easy to be locked even a small collision, for example, close the car door, there will be so many locked files in the memory card.

If user don't want so many locked files, we suggest they can upgrade the camera to the new firmware (G-sensor set as 4.5), download website as below:
http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
Upgrade steps:
copy firmware.BIN file to the root folder of the Mirco SD card, insert the card into the camera, connect with power, choose YES, it will takes less than 1 minute to upgrade firmware, camera will be turned off after upgrade is successful.

Any questions, welcome to contact me.

Thanks and best regards,

Bella

Hello Everyone,

Some customers said firmware No. 20160604 of Mini0805 / Mini0826 is not perfect enough, because the G-sensor is so sensitive (2.5), the file is easy to be locked even a small collision, for example, close the car door, there will be so many locked files in the memory card.

If user don't want so many locked files, we suggest they can upgrade the camera to the new firmware (G-sensor set as 4.5), download website as below:
http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
Upgrade steps:
copy firmware.BIN file to the root folder of the Mirco SD card, insert the card into the camera, connect with power, choose YES, it will takes less than 1 minute to upgrade firmware, camera will be turned off after upgrade is successful.

Any questions, welcome to contact me.

Thanks and best regards,

Bella

Do you know, wether some of this firmware supports the German language?

Hello. With this firmware I've lost the sound. None of the clips the mini records has sound. Neither I have the option "AV mode" -> video+audio/video in the menu.
Please, at least, provide the older firmware, so that I could revert. The HW-batch is the one with the flat connector pins, if that matters.

Edit: Here's a small video going through the menu(notice the 'mike-disabled' icon at the top right at the beginning):

I might have set the "video-only" option when I reflashed with the newer firmware, but I did a couple of 20-second resets since then. My guess is that it hardcoded the 'video-only'-option somehow.

Best regards,
Kostadin

Last edited:
audio recording is illegal in some places so they may have done a non audio firmware version for a specific market at their customers request
We don't have any regulation on dashcams in our country that I am aware of. As my unit has one card and a GPS-stand, I got this firmware from the first post:
20160706_A7_805 826_ZX_1CARD_GPS
I'd like to bring the sound option back - is there anyone that could help me?!

I think I have another issue - the unit is starting to crash after pulling the storage card and putting it into my sd-card slot of my notebook. I suspect the operating system of the notebook is messing the info somehow and then the unit gets halted. I use micro-to-full-size SD card adapter, which has a small switch on the side. It should be blocking writing on the card - I'll try turning it and hope it should only read the clips w/o interfering the dashcam arrangement. I'll format the card from the dashcam just to start from a clean sheet :) The other things I changed were positioning the dashcam horizontally(was testing it upside-down) and moved to using the microUsb of the unit itself(was using the gps-stand power). Just before those three actions, it seemed to be working very flawless. Reverted the powering form the GPS-stand just to isolate the reason one at a time :)

Kind regards,
Kostadin

Hello. With this firmware I've lost the sound. None of the clips the mini records has sound. Neither I have the option "AV mode" -> video+audio/video in the menu.
Please, at least, provide the older firmware, so that I could revert. The HW-batch is the one with the flat connector pins, if that matters.

Edit: Here's a small video going through the menu(notice the 'mike-disabled' icon at the top right at the beginning):

I might have set the "video-only" option when I reflashed with the newer firmware, but I did a couple of 20-second resets since then. My guess is that it hardcoded the 'video-only'-option somehow.

Best regards,
Kostadin

Hi Kostadin,

you can try this new firmware: http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
(for Mini0826 with GPS & 1 card only)

10x, I have sound now(it says "FW 20161111 V1.0" or something), though the option to turn it off is still missing. It doesn't really matter, because by post-processing it's a peace of cake to get the sound removed.
Also, the lock on the SD-card adapter is working, so I hope my notebook won't be interfering the filesystem of the dashcam any more. I just noticed I have two powering microUSB inputs on the GPS, which I forgotten, but it's cool it has a total of three inputs(incl. that on the unit).

Kind regards,
Kostadin

10x, I have sound now(it says "FW 20161111 V1.0" or something), though the option to turn it off is still missing. It doesn't really matter, because by post-processing it's a peace of cake to get the sound removed.
Also, the lock on the SD-card adapter is working, so I hope my notebook won't be interfering the filesystem of the dashcam any more. I just noticed I have two powering microUSB inputs on the GPS, which I forgotten, but it's cool it has a total of three inputs(incl. that on the unit).

Kind regards,
Kostadin
Thanks, it was working until yesterday. On the "no way of turning off the sound" - a couple of days ago I mistakenly turned it off by the up-button. Then I managed to turned it on again with the reverse procedure. Unfortunatelly, it hanged on yesterday and won't power on. 20-seconds holding the power-button won't reset it. I'll have to open it and inspect the battery, I guess.
Best regards,
Kostadin

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arium Mini 0826 2
DashCamMan Mini 0826 17
Back