New Firmware rollout....

Too bad there's nothing done about the exaggerated sharpness

Change log:

1.Fixed: Camera freezing while showing XXXX on screen.

Like PedroN, I was hoping for a fix for the oversharpness. I wonder how long until we get that firmware ?

maybe just take the GPS module off and use the plain attachment

That won't work for me as i remove my camera every time and i personally don't want to keep removing and plugging back in the power each time. I'm not to lazy, i just don't like the wear and tear on the connection,despite what others may say about it. I had a good Modem ruined by doing that. I used to unplug it from the modem itself instead of the wall because it was easier. That connector eventually failed and i had to but a new modem. Also i think the thin mount provided won't work with the Cpl filter from what i've read. My main reason for getting the gps mount was so i could have a permanent hard wired connection and just grab the camera each time i get out of the car. So,,yeah, i'd very much like to see a new firmware that truly turns off gps when selected.

That won't work for me as i remove my camera every time and i personally don't want to keep removing and plugging back in the power each time. I'm not to lazy, i just don't like the wear and tear on the connection,despite what others may say about it. I had a good Modem ruined by doing that. I used to unplug it from the modem itself instead of the wall because it was easier. That connector eventually failed and i had to but a new modem. Also i think the thin mount provided won't work with the Cpl filter from what i've read. My main reason for getting the gps mount was so i could have a permanent hard wired connection and just grab the camera each time i get out of the car. So,,yeah, i'd very much like to see a new firmware that truly turns off gps when selected.

Your feedback has been received by the firmware engineers don't worry. (it's on the wish list)

That won't work for me as i remove my camera every time....
If you don't mind me asking.. why do you remove it every time?

I don't want it to get stolen.
It's a discrete cam when installed high up with the lens just a wee bit below the dots. Is your area that bad?

It's a discrete cam when installed high up with the lens just a wee bit below the dots. Is your area that bad?
I understand your concern even if that is a cheap cam the insurance deductible can be costly to repair/replace a side window.

I am curious, what GPS information is it not turning off ?
Mine is off in the menu and shows no GPS info on the screen or recording, or is it embedding it in the video file like an exif in a digital picture ?

Any new firmware for the V2........... Just joking as I just received my Lexar high endurance card to go in the V2

The first thing I did was put the micro card into the SD reader and stick it in my computer which showed exFat

I then removed it and put it straight into the camera which asked for a format which it did fast and then automatically started recording which is how it should be........... Good job guys and gals

Anyone already tested the new firmware? Is the freeze fix really the only improvement?

Anyone already tested the new firmware? Is the freeze fix really the only improvement?
Yes according to viofo's change log.

Testing now in my lounge room for 3 hours on the V2 with a 12,000mAh power bank

Too bad there's nothing done about the exaggerated sharpness

Change log:

1.Fixed: Camera freezing while showing XXXX on screen.

No sharpness fix... Sigh

:(

Back