New Firmware today - 2017.2.22, version number is V1.2

bedpan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was researching cameras and trying to figure out the difference between the A119 and A119S. I noticed that they have a firmware the states it was released today. Not sure if anyone has noticed yet. Thought I would share.. If it is infact old, my apologies.

http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

Latest A119S firmware is released on 2017.2.22, version number is V1.2, below is the download link, or check the attachment:

www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119S/VIOFO_A119S_FW_V1.2.zip

Change log:

1. Improved: Updated IQ.
  2. Fixed: GPS Play back issue with Dashcam Viewer.
  3. Fixed: Image Rotation Bug
  4. Fixed: Play back issue on the camera
  5. Updated: Screen save default option is 1 Min

I was researching cameras and trying to figure out the difference between the A119 and A119S. I noticed that they have a firmware the states it was released today. Not sure if anyone has noticed yet. Thought I would share.. If it is infact old, my apologies.

http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

Latest A119S firmware is released on 2017.2.22, version number is V1.2, below is the download link, or check the attachment:

www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119S/VIOFO_A119S_FW_V1.2.zip

Change log:

1. Improved: Updated IQ.
  2. Fixed: GPS Play back issue with Dashcam Viewer.
  3. Fixed: Image Rotation Bug
  4. Fixed: Play back issue on the camera
  5. Updated: Screen save default option is 1 Min
Can someone tell me what's the best software to open the new firmware for the A119S I seem to be going in circles using 7Zip I think that software doesn't work any more. I opened it with winzip but it gives bin at the end of name but before the first firmware update it said it was an activator and it worked perfect Now I do not see the word activator and it doesn't want to work

Can someone tell me what's the best software to open the new firmware for the A119S I seem to be going in circles using 7Zip I think that software doesn't work any more. I opened it with winzip but it gives bin at the end of name but before the first firmware update it said it was an activator and it worked perfect Now I do not see the word activator and it doesn't want to work
You should just have a file named FWA119S.bin.

The .bin file is attached directly in that post.

Applied the new fw, reset camera and reinstalled in car.

Excited to see some comparisons from people on pq before and after.

Newbie question here ... what is "updated IQ" ?

:rolleyes: LOL ... thanks Capture. That improvement alone would be worth it's weight in gold if it removes the yellow colored tint saturation on my A119S.

I think the saturation was blue tint?

enjoy,
Mtz

I'd check to see if the blue protective shipping film is still on the lens.

Awesome.. Looks quite a bit better. The colours looks way better but the image is also sharper. The plates and signs are easier to read. How about a night comparison :)

I just got my A119S yesterday so I went straight to 1.2. Having some power issues but thats my stupid trucks lighter ports that are live all the time and don't come on/off with the ignition. Time for a wiring project that I did not want.

Here is my comparison of before and after

Awesome.. Looks quite a bit better. The colours looks way better but the image is also sharper. The plates and signs are easier to read. How about a night comparison :)

I just got my A119S yesterday so I went straight to 1.2. Having some power issues but thats my stupid trucks lighter ports that are live all the time and don't come on/off with the ignition. Time for a wiring project that I did not want.
Great tour of city. where was it located?

Great video mate and looks like a pretty decent update. Curious as to the bitrate if it's gone up with this too

Thank you. I live in Szczecin. NW of Poland.
Bitrate recordings 22 - 26 Mbps.

Thank you. I live in Szczecin. NW of Poland.
Bitrate recordings 22 - 26 Mbps.
Thanks mate, think the old fw was little bit less so seems it has gone up a bit. Awesome

It's always nice when the IQ can be improved via a firmware update. This new sensor & chipset combo will take some time to mature.

What I like most out of the visible changes is that the footage on sunny days with blue skies doesn't look gloomy anymore.

Last edited:
Was this Firmware 1.0 vs 1.2? Or was it 1.01 vs 1.2?

The jump from 1.0 to 1.01 was massive. If this is 1.01 to 1.2 it's even bigger!

Back