New Firmware V 1.6 available

Hey everyone. I checked my SD card today after about 3 weeks of not doing so.
I noticed that my settings must have reset because.. well my settings were reset.
This also made the dates all screwed up. It is recording as if it were February.
This means that since all the previous videos had the date of May.. it kept overwriting the same latest video constantly.

Maybe they could add some logic to check the actual meta-data of the file creation instead of the file name?

Wondering if anyone here has experienced the same.

EDIT:

ALSO HERE IS THE DIRECT WEBSITE SOURCE FOR THIS POST'S UPDATE

No disrespect, but I don't think it's wise to link an auto download link since it could be malicious. Anyone can come in and link a random file.

Still working on image quality improvement, and other features, can be released on June.
Is this version actually different from V1.4? Other than the language improvements.

Yes, mainly for solve the freezing on bootscreen bug.

So 1.4 fixed the xxxxx issue correct? I had a customer update to 1.4, but still got the xxxx issue today. Will 1.6 make any difference?

Please try to reset to default settings, it is hard to repeat this issue, so need more testing.

Please try to reset to default settings, it is hard to repeat this issue, so need more testing.
Yes, made sure he defaulted. He actually loaded 1.4 twice because he couldn't get his settings to stay after updating, they kept defaulting. The xxxx issue appeared again after the second 1.4 reload and default.

The XXXXX failure is still appearing with 1.4
Hope you did further fixes with 1.6
Can you confirm that?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

upgraded to 1.6 today not that I had to since I've had no problems but it changed about half of my settings such as date, time. time zone, gps from on to off and some others, as well. other than that its working well

upgraded to 1.6 today not that I had to since I've had no problems but it changed about half of my settings such as date, time. time zone, gps from on to off and some others, as well. other than that its working well
Reinstalling the firmware will default your settings to what the defaults are set to in the firmware. You should also manually default your settings in the menu after updating.

Hi,

I am Mario from The Netherlands, just build in a Viofo A119S (V2) with GPS and CPL-filter

V1.6 firmware (2017.5.22)

Mounted in a Hyundai Ioniq Electric

Hey everyone. I checked my SD card today after about 3 weeks of not doing so.
I noticed that my settings must have reset because.. well my settings were reset.
This also made the dates all screwed up. It is recording as if it were February.
This means that since all the previous videos had the date of May.. it kept overwriting the same latest video constantly.

Maybe they could add some logic to check the actual meta-data of the file creation instead of the file name?

Wondering if anyone here has experienced the same.

EDIT:

ALSO HERE IS THE DIRECT WEBSITE SOURCE FOR THIS POST'S UPDATE

No disrespect, but I don't think it's wise to link an auto download link since it could be malicious. Anyone can come in and link a random file.

My settings reset all the time, about every week or so. Viofo told me to power the the unit through the camera and not through the GPS, which didn't work.

I kinda just gave up and check periodically and correct the settings.

I've tried to update my v1.4 firmware to v1.6 four times now. No success. first 2 times I tried by removing the MicroSD, and copying the .bin file to the root of Volume1 on my computer. When I started up the A119s, the front REC button did it's flash dance, and removed the .bin from the card, but the firmware still reports as v1.4 through the on board menus of the camera. I then tried twice by putting the camera in mass storage mode on my computer via a miniUSB cable.

I'm starting to think that maybe the firmware is incorrectly reporting it's version number? Or did my camera truly not update four times in a row?

I've tried to update my v1.4 firmware to v1.6 four times now. No success. first 2 times I tried by removing the MicroSD, and copying the .bin file to the root of Volume1 on my computer. When I started up the A119s, the front REC button did it's flash dance, and removed the .bin from the card, but the firmware still reports as v1.4 through the on board menus of the camera. I then tried twice by putting the camera in mass storage mode on my computer via a miniUSB cable.

I'm starting to think that maybe the firmware is incorrectly reporting it's version number? Or did my camera truly not update four times in a row?
Sounds like your just reinstalling V1.4.

Maybe you are downloading 1.6, but when you go to find it on your computer your copying over 1.4 from the folder you think downloads is in. Try downloading the firmware from another browser.

Back