danlat1415

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2ch with B-124 battery hardwired
BlackVue DR900S-2CH (v.1.009_2018.12.20) released December 21, 2018
WHAT’S NEW:

1. High Temperature management modifications.
    Internal cut-off threshold adjusted to better match actual ambient temperature levels (75°C/167°F).
    “HT” (High Temperature) overlay should show on video files from about 70°C/158°F.
  2. Updated default settings:
    1. Parking Mode default set to Time Lapse.
    2. High Temperature Warning default set to OFF.

※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v2.84 / iOS v2.84 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v2.05 / Mac v1.29 and up.

https://www.blackvue.com/download/d...?wpdmdl=90454&refresh=5c1cfecc5f0b81545404108

I hope it fixes the overheating issues on the 900s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn’t work with iOS and Mac. BV’s website shows android and windows only.

This does work with iOS and Mac, and BV's website shows Android, Windows, iOS and Mac.
https://www.blackvue.com/download/dr900s-2ch-firmware-multilanguage/
You need either the BlackVue Mobile APP (Android or iOS) or BlackVue Viewer (Windows or Mac) to be able to update using their software.

You can even do it manually, by downloading the ZIP, extracting the content and putting onto the root directory of the SD card in the camera, putting in camera and it will detect the update and install itself.

The easiest way is to use the BlackVue Mobile App and install the update remotely over WiFi/Cloud, because you don't even need to touch the camera or the SD card and it only takes a couple of clicks and a few minutes.

I’ve downloaded the update yesterday the 20th. After not finding the new settings. I went on the website and it only mentioned android and windows. Today it has iOS and Mac listed so I redownloaded it and reinstalled it. I also reinstalled the app and power cycled the camera. Still no new settings.

Didn’t they i crease the cut off heat temp to 167F few months ago?

I’ve downloaded the update yesterday the 20th. After not finding the new settings. I went on the website and it only mentioned android and windows. Today it has iOS and Mac listed so I redownloaded it and reinstalled it. I also reinstalled the app and power cycled the camera. Still no new settings.

I don't think they added any new settings. They changed the default values of 2 existing settings.

My bad... I think I’m gonna go back to sleep now.. thanks.

Back