New Firmware - v1.010 & App Update v2.87

Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Triple Viofo A139-3CH, Dual A129Pro-2CH, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
Looks like Blackvue's free betatesters didn't pay enough. o_O When somebody hits your car, Blackvue gives him/her 14seconds of free time.

-Mobile App (Version 2.87)

What's new
  1. Ads in Cloud Live View and Remote Video Playback (Free Plan only).
    Tapping the “Watch Without Ads” button will bring up the “Add paid features” menu, where you can choose a subscription.
    Paid Plan users can use all Cloud features ad-free.
  2. Added Finnish, Norwegian and Polish support to the BlackVue App.

※ Compatible model & firmware version:
    DR750S-1/2CH FW v1.015 and up.
    DR900S-1/2CH FW v1.010 and up.

-BlackVue DR900S-2CH (v.1.010_2019.01.23)

WHAT’S NEW:
  1. Added Firmware (and App and Viewer) language support for:
    1. Finnish
    2. Norwegian
    3. Polish
  2. Bug fixes and stabilization improvements.

※ Compatible software versions:
    BlackVue App: Android v2.87 / iOS v2.87 and up.
    BlackVue Viewer: Windows v2.06 / Mac v1.30 and up.

Last edited:
Way too many adds.... not really happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And nothing has changed for free plan, just one camera slot, 100 views per month, 5GB of Cloud. So it's just to annoy people and suck more money.

For Android users, try AdGuard app how the Blackvue's app reacts.

BTW: Finns, Norwegians, Poles i'm happy for you as well. :D

Last edited:
Exactly. If the new firmware doesn't solve my problem i'll have to look for replacement for my camera.

Sorry, it looks like the ads are Blackvue's promo videos(for now?) so there is probably nothing to block... I wonder why Blackvue needs to promo products to their active users. :unsure:

Last edited:
What's wrong with the version we've had the past month? Not sure I'll want to update it if the update is going to introduce spam ads which don't stop unless you give them more money. The Blackvue 900S 2-CH is the most expensive dashcam on the market (go pros don't count). But the 900S 2-CH is also the best on the market, 4k can read number plates further away than any Navman product. I only tend to use Wi-fi so I can check live footage on my phone. Tried the Cloud but it's not really essential for me though it's a good option. I did get a Vodafone mini hotspot device which I hardly use.

The Firmware is fine - that add bugfixes etc.
It's the Mobile App that adds the adverts... You can resolve that by rolling back to a previous version.

Unfortunately iOS won't let you use the older app and WindowsViewer v2.05 crashes now(at least for me) everytime you try to connect to the Cloud.

And nothing has changed for free plan, just one camera slot, 100 views per month, 5GB of Cloud. So it's just to annoy people and suck more money.

BTW: Finns, Norwegians, Poles i'm happy for you as well. :D

AdGuard doesn't take these adds away, just tried it. But I will for sure try Lucky Patcher……. these adds is a very bad decision by profit hungry Blackvue.

Yeah i know, as i've said above, i've noticed the ads are just from Blackvue so AdGuard isn't solution.

The Firmware is fine - that add bugfixes etc.
It's the Mobile App that adds the adverts... You can resolve that by rolling back to a previous version.

I rolled back to previous version, but you can't even get into the app without updating the app. Smart guys at Blackvue……...

It's quite a bit of time since I used LuckerPatcher, so if the LP doesn't help, you can try to mess a bit with the folder /root/data/data/comb.blackvuec/files/advert. I doubt these are the only ones which will show, so it downloads them from somewhere - maybe set some new folder permissions? :devilish:

EDIT: Ok, i'm not done yet, but it seems the app downloads that c..p from http://marketing.blackvuecloud.com (Amazon S3, to be precise). So a rule in the firewall/VPN app BEFORE "first" log in Cloud will help.

Last edited:
Super annoyed and glad i'm not the only one.

Their dashcams are already some of the most expensive on the market, and i was perfectly ok with paying that price because it included some basic cloud functionality, but now i have to watch a 15s ad everytime i want to check that my camera is working?

Very annoyed right now.

EDIT: Ok, i'm not done yet, but it seems the app downloads that c..p from http://marketing.blackvuecloud.com (Amazon S3, to be precise). So a rule in the firewall/VPN app BEFORE "first" log in Cloud will help.

notice in the list there some are jpg files, others are mp4 that they're serving up

Yep, i get these .jpg files sometimes when i open the app. (and have to use “Don’t show again” button) Therefore i’ve mentioned to try to change folder permission.

Btw: I don’t know if it’s for every location(on Earth), but if you have to define IP addresses, that URL uses 13.32.118.1-13.32.118.255 range.

Last edited:
Who wanna be MY betatester? :devilish: Another solution for Android:

Dang it, mission failed :cry: we'll get em next time.

Last edited:
Read the last word of the top line of your totally unnecessary quote of Nath's post.
Since when have Apple iThings been running Android?:ROFLMAO:

my god the ads are terrible. 10-15 seconds of unskippable useless ads. Theyre all about blackvue or the cloud service, so they arent making money unless they think people will pay $10 a month to remove them

Tried downgrading to the previous version and now they wont even let you use the app without updating. Everyone leave a 1 star review in your applicable app store and email them to revert this garbage

Back