Nath

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Triple Viofo A139-3CH, Dual A129Pro-2CH, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
Thank you, i guess? :unsure::D

WHAT’S NEW:
  1. Turn off the proximity sensor: Firmware settings > System settings > Proximity sensor:
    1. Voice (audio) recording On/Off
    2. Manual recording
    3. Off (NEW)
  2. SD Card Failure Alert: your dashcam constantly monitors the microSD card to detect write protection errors. If the microSD becomes write protected, a “Check SD card” voice notification will play from the dashcam.
  3. Added compatibility with Interior IR and TRUCK IR cameras.
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v2.90 / iOS v2.90 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v2.07 / Mac v1.32 and up.

Has anybody noticed a significant battery drain issue after updating to 1.011?

Ever since I updated (since release day) my B-124 + B-124 Expansion last less than 50% than what they use to. I did change my brightness setting up 1 notch, and enhanced night vision to always on, though I don't see how that could have such a significant effect. I use to have enhanced vision to parking mode only, which is when the cam is drawing power from the batteries anyway. And brightness setting up 1 notch doesn't seem to explain such a dramatic loss in battery life. For example, I had 100% of the 12,600 mAh at 6:00 PM last night and by 4:00 AM (10 hours later) the batteries were drained completely. They use to last me 20+ hours!

Interesting, thankfully i haven't upgraded my firmware yet. What power consumption of your dashcam do you see in the app? Do you want the v1.010 firmware?

Actually, one night i noticed similar behaviour when i let the car unlocked and thought it'll kill everything by itself (usualy it does that) but in the morning car headlights were still turned on and my B-124 completely drained. It seem like the car was able to utilize the power via charging connector.

I'm charging them right now and will report back. I also changed my enhanced vision back to parking mode only and brightness back down to 4 out of 5.

Thanks, though that site is full of so much ads and my malware software is going bonkers - cannot download.

By the way, I also forgot to mention, I added a CPL filter to the front camera this week. I doubt that has any bearing on the situation, unless it's causing the camera to draw more power to compensate for the darkness when I'm in parking mode. No clue. Anyhow, charging is almost done. Will test with the new settings today, acquire the output amperage and report back.

Edit update: plugged it all in, and the battery app shows output 13.5V/0.4A during normal recording and 13.4V/0.4A during parking mode. And 0.0V/0.0A for input. Usage time remaining 31.5 hours. We'll see about that -_- That's what it said last night and it died in 10 hours!

Thanks! :)

Just in case there is the issue in the firmware:
dr900s-2ch-v1.010-eng_firmware.zip

Last edited:
I just spent the last 3 days going round and round with Blackvue support. Apparently FW1.011 does NOT in fact support the DR750S TRUCK camera. Connecting the camera will result in washed out and incorrect colors (green looks purple, etc).

The support chat was a bit comical:

Edison (BlackVue)
Mar 28, 10:24 PDT
Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

I am very sorry to inform you that as of now we have no information about the compatibility of DR900S with rear truck version camera.
Because DR900S camera does not have a truck version.
And we can say that DR900S is not compatible for a rear truck version camera.
And we don't recommend using the rear truck version for the front dr900s as of now.

Hope you understand
Thank you
Best Regards
----------

Me
Mar 28, 10:31 PDT
Can you please explain the notes in the firmware for this page then?
https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/#firmware-current
Specifically this part:
* Added compatibility with Interior IR and TRUCK IR cameras.

Also, this blog post:
https://www.blackvue.com/introducing-blackvue-dr900s-2ch-ir-the-new-taxi-dash-cam-standard/
Where it also mentions that the DR750S and DR900 share the same IR cameras via firmware update.
----------

Edison (BlackVue)
Mar 28, 15:14 PDT
Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

1. Turn off the proximity sensor:Firmware settings > System settings > Proximity sensor:
Voice (audio) recording On/Off
Manual recording
Off (NEW)

The new firmware version of the DR900S has a feature to turn off the proximity sensor.
The proximity sensor is used primarily for Audio Recording ON/OFF feature.
SD Card Failure Alert: your dashcam constantly monitors the microSD card to detect write protection errors. If the microSD becomes write protected, a “Check SD card” voice notification will play from the dashcam.
This SD Card Failure Alert will help the use to know if there is an issue on his / her SD Card on the dash cam.
The dash cam will have a voice notification that will say "Check SD Card".

Added compatibility with Interior IR and TRUCK IR cameras.
I am very sorry for the mixed up.
This firmware version will let your DR900S-2CH dash cam that will be compatible with Interior Camera and TRUCK IR Cameras.
This firmware version will help your dash cam to be compatible with IR camera like DR750S-2CH IR rear camera or DR750S-2CH TRUCK rear camera.

Hope you understand
Thank you
Best Regards
----------

Me
Mar 28, 16:10 PDT
OK, so we’ve established that the new firmware will make the DR900S-2CH compatible with the TRUCK IR camera.
Back to my original problem … When connected to a TRUCK IR camera, the colors are washed out, and green looks purple, etc. Is this a known problem? Is there a setting or INI file change that can correct the color issues when connected to a truck camera?
----------

Edison (BlackVue)
Mar 29, 09:05 PDT
Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

Can you please provide us a sample video recordings?
So that we can help you for further assistance.

Thank you
Best Regards
----------

Me
Mar 31, 17:03 PDT

The normal DR900S rear camera compared to a DR900S connected to a DR-750S TRUCK camera.

* Both cameras connected to the same DR900S

* Both cameras connected using the same cables
----------

Edison (BlackVue)
Apr 1, 09:19 PDT
Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

I am very sorry to inform you that as of now we have no firmware version for the compatibility of Truck version to our DR900S dash cam.
And as of now we just have the normal IR rear camera not the TRUCK version camera.

Hope you understand
Thank you
Best Regards

Just a normal day of Edison's "support". :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
IR cameras will look like that during the day as they have no IR filter, night is where it will have an advantage

It would've been awesome for the CS guy to say that, instead of flip-flop on whether or not it was supported at all. /facepalm

All seems fine now. Plenty of juice left the next day. All I did was reduce brightness to 4 instead of 5 on both front and rear, then turned on enhanced vision to parking mode only instead of always on.

Thanks, though that site is full of so much ads and my malware software is going bonkers - cannot download.

By the way, I also forgot to mention, I added a CPL filter to the front camera this week. I doubt that has any bearing on the situation, unless it's causing the camera to draw more power to compensate for the darkness when I'm in parking mode. No clue. Anyhow, charging is almost done. Will test with the new settings today, acquire the output amperage and report back.

Edit update: plugged it all in, and the battery app shows output 13.5V/0.4A during normal recording and 13.4V/0.4A during parking mode. And 0.0V/0.0A for input. Usage time remaining 31.5 hours. We'll see about that -_- That's what it said last night and it died in 10 hours!

Wow the amazing CS support continues ...

Edison (BlackVue)
Apr 1, 09:19 PDT
Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

I am very sorry to inform you that as of now we have no firmware version for the compatibility of Truck version to our DR900S dash cam.
And as of now we just have the normal IR rear camera not the TRUCK version camera.

Hope you understand
Thank you
Best Regards
----------

Me
Apr 1, 09:25 PDT
So you’ll be updating the firmware patch notes on your website to remove the note about supporting the TRUCK-IR camera?
----------

Edison (BlackVue)
Apr 2, 09:41 PDT

Dear Customer,
Good day from BlackVue.

I am very sorry for the mixed up.
Our new firmware version is compatible with IR and TRUCK version.
If you are having an issue on your rear TRUCK dash cam.
We suggest you may try to check the connection wire and try to check the lens of the rear camera if it is dirty try to clean it.
If the issue still persist please let us know so that we can help you for further assistance.

Thank you
Best Regards

Back