New Firmware (v1.2)

Msan2000

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DCTEAM - Viofo A129
Can't make head or tail of the 3rd point.

@viofo

C'mon! You can do better than this! Ideally you should have someone in-house with good English skills. If you guys need a translator for such things, I'm sure members here would be glad to help. Enough with these half a** changelogs.

hi, newbie on A129. is there instructions on how to get the new FW on to my A129? step by step? should I use my PC or my Mac? how do I get it from the computer to the camera best way? thanks....

download file, if it's zipped extract it, copy the bin file to an empty memory card, power the camera on with the memory card inside and the camera will do the rest, you'll need to redo your settings once complete

download file, if it's zipped extract it, copy the bin file to an empty memory card, power the camera on with the memory card inside and the camera will do the rest, you'll need to redo your settings once complete
ok thank you

hi, newbie on A129. is there instructions on how to get the new FW on to my A129? step by step? should I use my PC or my Mac? how do I get it from the computer to the camera best way? thanks....
Steps are right on the download page: http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000087812-viofo-a129-dash-cam-firmware

How to update:

Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam
The firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use a memory card (recommend 16GB-128GB memory card) formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy the FWA129.bin on the root of the card
  4. After FWA129.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera restart.
The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.

Viofo, PLEASE include the checksums on the download page. Need to protect against data corruption and security issues.

Should I use a PC or a MAC? the Viofo webpage doesn't say if the FW File is PC and/or Mac Compatible....

whats "checksums" ?
A checksum is way to confirm the file you downloaded matches the one made available by the source. Source publisher would post a file and the checksum on their site, you download the file, generate the checksum locally and it should match. If it does not match, then the file has been altered and should not be trusted.

A good read here: https://www.lifewire.com/what-does-checksum-mean-2625825

A checksum is way to confirm the file you downloaded matches the one made available by the source. Source publisher would post a file and the checksum on their site, you download the file, generate the checksum locally and it should match. If it does not match, then the file has been altered and should not be trusted.

A good read here: https://www.lifewire.com/what-does-checksum-mean-2625825
ok that makes sense but now what do I do? is the bin file on Viofo ready and SAFE for people to use? why isn't Viofo providing it if someone is asking then shoulddnt they know better to give it to us when releasing FW ? what am I missing here? if Vifo did not include checksums what are we supposed to do? how do we know it is SAFE to download to our computers?

Viofo, PLEASE include the checksums on the download page. Need to protect against data corruption and security issues.
is it SAFE for me to use the Zip File .bin on the Viofo website if it does not have the checksums that you are asking about? now im concerned about downloading it

Until the original firmware is released, I wouldn't try to flash firmware on the device, in case the new firmware decides to brick your dashcam

Until the original firmware is released, I wouldn't try to flash firmware on the device, in case the new firmware decides to brick your dashcam

Original Firmware??? The Firmware is coming direct from the manufacturer website..

Can't make head or tail of the 3rd point.

@viofo

C'mon! You can do better than this! Ideally you should have someone in-house with good English skills. If you guys need a translator for such things, I'm sure members here would be glad to help. Enough with these half a** changelogs.

Yeah, I don't know what to make out of #3 either lol

Original Firmware??? The Firmware is coming direct from the manufacturer website..
As in what the camera originally shipped with, which i believe is the May25th firmware, not this new one.
Do you understand the difference between Original Firmware and Updated Firmware?

Good point. Is there a factory reset option without the original firmware file?

Good point. Is there a factory reset option without the original firmware file?
You can use the reset button with a paper clip as you're powering on the camera, but that won't revert you back to the original firmware. That will just wipe your settings.

Back