New firmware Ver2.000 for BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

I usually made of a rotatable 1-3 mm from the factory settings

I usually made of a rotatable 1-3 mm from the factory settings

Thx for the tip.
I haven't upgrade to the latest firmware as i want to test with old firmware first.
Pitty Blackvue didn't do any thing regarding the bitrate.

Thx for the tip.
I haven't upgrade to the latest firmware as i want to test with old firmware first.
Pitty Blackvue didn't do any thing regarding the bitrate.
I no understood you

bitrate remained the same

==================================

141b126d184c.png

beaeeb5dec99.png

I do not see this language setting on the Mac Viewer 1.200. The new firmware installed in English by default for me. I would like to change it to German. Is there a new config.ini setting I could add?

I do not see this language setting on the Mac Viewer 1.200. The new firmware installed in English by default for me. I would like to change it to German. Is there a new config.ini setting I could add?
You have to change the language with the windows viewer. After that the MAC viewer is working.
The MAC viewer is the same as in the previous firmware.

I have done it today, but swiched back to the english firmware again, because the cam talks with a bavarian accent in the german firmware.
And the girl nuschelt ( sorry, don´t know how to say that in english) so strong that I can´t understand any difference between wifi on and wifi off.

Is there any reason why Blackvue refuses to increase the bitrate???

Because they cant program... cover comes off with just my fingernail inserted into the right hand side as the camera is facing me. I have removed and turned 1 mm clockwise, massive improvement. however it was glued so had to turn it anti clockwise first with a pair of smooth pliers and a bit of kitchen roll to save damaging the lens. WOW what an improvement.

I am going to have to think where i left the cover as For some silly reason I removed it in the house then took the camera out with out the cover, I cant think where i put the cover. DOH... It will be here.

Ok so this sounds quite cool...

I'm gonna try this with one of our test units.

@Peter Wilson - Have taken the silver rim off the DR550. Did you use the pliers on the black part of the lense? Is this the bit that is currently glued?

Ok so this sounds quite cool...

I'm gonna try this with one of our test units.

@Peter Wilson - Have taken the silver rim off the DR550. Did you use the pliers on the black part of the lens? Is this the bit that is currently glued?

If you look down the top and bottom of the lens with a small torch or good light you can see the threads of the lens and there are two small drops of hot glue. This is the rubber type from a glue gun. to stop the lens adjusting itself out of focus.

Dead easy to do the lens is the black bit grip gently and use some kitchen roll to stop marks. I put a little red dot on with a permanent marker easy to see with a UV touch or blue LED torch. This was so I knew my starting position. then I turned anticlockwise to undo the lens very slightly. Then screwed it back in with the same pliers just past where it was. I then stuck it back into the car it is so much better. Still pixalated as hell but at least its not pixalated and blurry.

You have to change the language with the windows viewer. After that the MAC viewer is working.
The MAC viewer is the same as in the previous firmware.

I have done it today, but swiched back to the english firmware again, because the cam talks with a bavarian accent in the german firmware.
And the girl nuschelt ( sorry, don´t know how to say that in english) so strong that I can´t understand any difference between wifi on and wifi off.
Thanks for the info.
nuschelt = mumbles :) Leo helped.
Then I do not have to try hard to get the german voice back. The English accent sounds a bit funny too.

If you look down the top and bottom of the lens with a small torch or good light you can see the threads of the lens and there are two small drops of hot glue. This is the rubber type from a glue gun. to stop the lens adjusting itself out of focus.

Dead easy to do the lens is the black bit grip gently and use some kitchen roll to stop marks. I put a little red dot on with a permanent marker easy to see with a UV touch or blue LED torch. This was so I knew my starting position. then I turned anticlockwise to undo the lens very slightly. Then screwed it back in with the same pliers just past where it was. I then stuck it back into the car it is so much better. Still pixalated as hell but at least its not pixalated and blurry.

Yeahhh! I've just done it here and also made an English video for our Blackvue Page!! May post up here if people want it?

Have credited Alexsoll in the video and description too. PS - Hope you don't mind Alex :)

Finally I have successfully changed my Korean BlackVue DR550GW-2CH to a English firmware with working gps, speed and date.
Can I now install the English firmware ver.2.000 without losing the working GPS ability?

An English version of AlexSoll's great YouTube video!!

Cant believe you scratched the lens surround.

Its easier to unscrew the lens anti clockwise first as the glue is harder to screw into the lens mount then screw out over once its cracked then it will no longer be attached to the lens so will screw clockwise or into the lens holder easily.

You don't quite have to grip it so hard if you have paper towel in the jaws of the pliers as the paper grips onto the smooth surface of the lens surround without slipping off or scratching.

Might be worth pointing out a pen mark can be removed easily and is not as hard to remove as a scratch.

Mine looks like it hasn't been touched.

Anyway Just thought I would put that out there, Apart from that you beat me to it. ;:-(

Cant believe you scratched the lens surround.

Its easier to unscrew the lens first as the glue it harder to screw into the gap then to pull out over once its cracked then it will no longer be attached to the lens so will screw clockwise or into the lens holder easier.
You don't quite have to grip it so hard if you have paper towel in the jaws of the pliers as the paper grips onto the smooth surface of the lens surround without slipping off or scratching.

Might be worth pointing out a pen mark can be removed easily and is not as hard to remove as a scratch.

Mine looks like it hasn't been touched.

Anyway Just thought I would put that out there, Apart from that you beat me to it. ;:-(

Ahh it's my own camera so I wasn't that worried about it. Lol. Had it for ages as it was first one in the UK that Pittasoft sent me. Got cameras coming out of every hole at the mo. Manufacturers keep sending them!!

If it was a new one out of stock I wouldn't have done it that way.

I had a spare few mins this afternoon so thought may aswell do one. :)

LOL Thread Hijack... Might be an idea to put it into its own interesting videos thread...

Let's swing it back on course.

I've tried the new firmware and to be honest the bitrate should have been sorted way sooner.

I think the SC500 is taking priority over there at the moment.

do not mind, it would be good for all ;)

do by analogy with 500

An English version of AlexSoll's great YouTube video!!

Thanks a lot for your instruction videos.

I have asked the seller to change the cam twice (DR550GW-2CH), but the same poor quality. I think I will give it a try!

Anyway, can I have some questions:
- Can you post your videos after touching your cams, is the image quality improved?
- Can I do it with the rear cam (the video quality is terribly bad in compare with the advertised videos)?
- If it is really improved, can you explain how it works technically?

Last edited:
I too would like to know if this can be done with the rear camera.

Back