New Firmware

liamstears

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently bought and installed the K2S and had a look for latest firmware

I can see there is K2S-PRO-FW-20191206.zip available, should this be installed instead of K2S-FW-20190827.zip?

I see it has the "pro" part in the name, what is the difference?

I thought the "pro" version was starvis sensors and normal unit doesn't have these? My sellers item description says I have starvis sensors...

Last edited:
I have talked to my supplier/seller, combi UK (great guy btw) and he has informed it's a combi firmware that has UK default settings etc

Our confusion both myself and my seller is the "Pro" definition

The camera I have purchased seems exactly the same as any "pro" version, it would be nice to know what the actual differences are and if there are differences in firmware between them...

the PRO version have IMX 291 sensors, the regular version only have IMX 323.

the PRO version have IMX 291 sensors, the regular version only have IMX 323.

Is this the ONLY difference?

If so how can you tell which sensors you have? And I guess its possible to upgrade to the pro sensors but just replacing them? And I guess the only difference in firmware is to better optimise for the better sensors?

I think the sensors are the only difference but that do mean another firmware for that model, loading the pro firmware to a none pro would not work i am sure.
I have one of the very first K2S systems off the production line as i was sent one to test in January last year and so that's the old version with the 323 sensors.

Yes i think if you replace the cameras with the PRO ones and load the pro firmware you will be good, but better verify that with someone who know for sure.

I think the sensors are the only difference but that do mean another firmware for that model, loading the pro firmware to a none pro would not work i am sure.
I have one of the very first K2S systems off the production line as i was sent one to test in January last year and so that's the old version with the 323 sensors.

Yes i think if you replace the cameras with the PRO ones and load the pro firmware you will be good, but better verify that with someone who know for sure.

Thanks, I have sent a message to Rayman.Chan to confirm but awaiting a reply, also just found an image which shows difference between cameras:

11-jpg.49844

I will check see what mine look like

Sadly Rayman are not that active, he was last seen on the site in December last year.
you could try and reach him on e-mail.

Last edited:
Sadly Rayman are not that active, he was last seen on the site in December last year.
you could try and reach him on e-mail. rayman@megcn.com

Thanks I will try that, also I checked and mine certainly do look like standard KS2 cameras not the pro ones, thanks

Is this the ONLY difference?

If so how can you tell which sensors you have? And I guess its possible to upgrade to the pro sensors but just replacing them? And I guess the only difference in firmware is to better optimise for the better sensors?

So I've answered my own question, dug up some posts by Rayman and hes confirmed the only difference is the cameras and the firmware so if you get new pro cameras and flash the different firmware you should be good to go

Thanks

Good to know that upgrading is that easy (y)I guess the signals from the CMOS are done the same way with both sensors if the processor hasn't changed and a firmware swap alone does the upgrade for the new cam modules. I always wondered about that since there are several cams which use both of these sensors in different versions.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rayman.Chan K2S 86
Rayman.Chan K2S 0
Back