Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
DualLensDVR1920x1080p20, soon:IR, GPRS/GPS Tracker
Looks quite good.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1080p-car- ... ?r=3477424
US$ 92.60 free shipping
1 x GPS module included, and viable in picture.

sku_223075_8.jpg

Added on 6/25/2013

Videos for CDV-007 (same?) look quite good also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkjSk_XeK0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospmNMogvxc

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an A5 version of this cam that's a decent performer, have only seen that version at full retail though and a bit pricey

The A7 version of this device is already out as well since about a month ago.

If it is A2S60 or A5S30, for me this does not seem to make much of a difference. At least if you do not need the 720p/60Hz mode, as long as you have Aptina AR0330 as sensor.

spytec said:
The A7 version of this device is already out as well since about a month ago.

I don't think there's as many available as what might be claimed, A7 training in China only happened a few weeks ago and the product that I've seen around to date has not been mass production, it will increase of course going forward

We had A7 samples over a month ago and they have offered to ship us 500+ quantities (not on A7 dual cameras though which are not ready yet). We didn't order them because we wanted to wait till they got a little further with the firmware to take better advantage of the a7's capabilities.

We had A7 samples over a month ago and they have offered to ship us 500+ quantities (not on A7 dual cameras though which are not ready yet). We didn't order them because we wanted to wait till they got a little further with the firmware to take better advantage of the a7's capabilities.

spytec said:

samples were out in April, some have a long way to go with getting their firmware sorted though

Yeah, we weren't that impressed with what we saw, but they have told us they have worked out some of the issues. We will be getting samples of a dual a7 camera this month and we will see how that works out.

spytec said:
Yeah, we weren't that impressed with what we saw, but they have told us they have worked out some of the issues. We will be getting samples of a dual a7 camera this month and we will see how that works out.

our dual A7 product will likely be end of September at this stage, I'm sure others will be out there before us but I'm not looking to rush anything to market, there's still quite a lot of development that needs to happen

jokiin said:
our dual A7 product will likely be end of September at this stage, I'm sure others will be out there before us but I'm not looking to rush anything to market, there's still quite a lot of development that needs to happen

Many of us are waiting patiently for this to finally happen!

Gurkha9 said:
jokiin said:

Many of us are waiting patiently for this to finally happen!

I'm unsure how many others are working on A7 dual cam product right now but I'd expect by the end of the year there should be some product out there worth looking at

Re: AW: New FullHD/GPS/Ambarella Cam

What will be the cable like to connect ro the external camera module?

Re: AW: New FullHD/GPS/Ambarella Cam

jokiin said:
adorfer said:
What will be the cable like to connect ro the external camera module?
ours uses mini HDMI
That means: New wires again... *dang* (i "only" have USB, Cat5 and 4x coax from the front the rear.... one of the coax is "abused" for "timed" 12V, to generate DC/DC stabized 5,5V and 12V in the back via automatic buck/boost converters.)

Back