New GT300W Questions

TheBeanMan

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

So today I received my GT300W from FoxOffer, I actually wasn't expecting it so fast so I hadn't purchased a memory card yet but now I have one on the way which is the Samsung 32GB micro SD SDHC PLUS Class 10. What I was wondering was am I able to test the unit without inserting a memory card and is the GT300W suppose to have some sort of shadow recorder sticker on the bottom of the camera?

Kind Regards,
TheBeanMan

do no if the gt300w is same style menu was ls300w
if is , it´s get annoying insert memory all whole time
whatever you can check menus , change options , check firmware.
but test the video just whit a MicroSD.

So today I got my memory card and went out for a drive once it was installed, came back and hooked the camera up to the computer to check out the quality, everything seemed fine but I noticed when I sat down and watched the footage the camera was vibrating and you could see every little bump of the road in the footage. Is there a setting or something in the camera to make it less sensitive to bumps, etc on the road?

don't know which bracket you have but try tightening it up if possible, there's no camera setting for your problem but if the mount is not tight it will cause this issue

It seems pretty tight and I don't want to over-tighten it just in case it breaks. I just have the standard GT300W suction windscreen mount, the one that the camera comes with.

TheBeanMan said:
So today I got my memory card and went out for a drive once it was installed, came back and hooked the camera up to the computer to check out the quality, everything seemed fine but I noticed when I sat down and watched the footage the camera was vibrating and you could see every little bump of the road in the footage. Is there a setting or something in the camera to make it less sensitive to bumps, etc on the road?

That is weak point of camera base, it is that small peace that moves sideways and lock to camera. I made quick fix by wrapping a rubberband around it, put it as close to camera as you can and try block that gap. Glue is more permanent solution.

Sabe said:
TheBeanMan said:

That is weak point of camera base, it is that small peace that moves sideways and lock to camera. I made quick fix by wrapping a rubberband around it, put it as close to camera as you can and try block that gap. Glue is more permanent solution.

Have you got a picture that you could show me? I don't understand where you put the rubber band.

It kinda looks like my cars bonnet is flapping around which it's not.

I'm mobile now with cheap chinese tablet, so i can give image after 8 hour or so.
But if you look carefully, even if that piece is thight in camera it still moves slightly and makes those waves in video.

TheBeanMan said:

Adhesive mount may will vibrate less than cup mount,
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3M-Adhes ... 13306.html

can be also your streets.

my ls300w sometimes vibrate a hell duo horrible roads over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know about latest gt300w or ls300w material / assembly quality, but I am quite happy with mine dod ls300w bracket. Almost no vibrations, only on the very bumpy road or driving over ramps on higher then normal speed. When received, first thing I was impressed is very strong suction and quite tight bracket ball-joint.
Maybe its because i bought it from very first bunch when it was just released in China about 5 month ago. Maybe back then they used parts made from much better materials and now trying to save pennies here and there they cut the corners?

TheBeanMan said:
Have you got a picture that you could show me? I don't understand where you put the rubber band.

Here is picture.
Don't mind that upper part which is different than yours, i have lots of gs camera mounts so i changed it to fit in those.
But the problem is that gap, even if connection feels tight camera actually moves slightly from that point.
Image55.jpg

Thanks for all your replies.

The roads I travel on are usually fairly high speed and quite rough (Country Roads) so I might try that rubber band trick.

I can't use a adhesive mount as I drive for a living and quite often I'm changing vehicles.

You may also try to add 1-2 ( 3? ) layers of electrical tape as a "seal" / "washer" between bracket and dash cam body. Cut same size as female part of bracket mount on the dash cam and stick it around that mount hole on camera. Hope you know what I mean.

Ok thanks. What do the G-Sensor settings do I have low/middle/high to choose from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try on you local roads ramp how sensitive is your g-sensor and chose whats best for you.
I set my OFF. Dont want "every bump" causing to lock files.
Try mid position how it reacts on everyday driving over bumpy roards. If does nor record harsh bumps then its fine to stay on Mid.

Ok thanks. I ended up trying the rubber band trick and it helped a bit but still I'm getting a little wobble somewhere. I wish these camera's had a sensitivity adjustment so that they didn't pick up every little bump in the road or a better windscreen mounting system.

TheBeanMan said:
Ok thanks. I ended up trying the rubber band trick and it helped a bit but still I'm getting a little wobble somewhere. I wish these camera's had a sensitivity adjustment so that they didn't pick up every little bump in the road or a better windscreen mounting system.

It might be also an overall car / windscreen vibration which is normal. Depending on car shocks, tire size, road condition and so on. If you put glass of water on the dash board when driving, you see water will be shaking / vibrating and its normal. If you even "glue" your dash cam to the windshield and if your car shocks are stiff, low profile tires etc, then you still will get some shaking in your video, its justified with those days dash cams technology and price you paid.
Maybe one day dash cams will have some kind of good image stabilizer like on everyday video cameras, but now even most expensive dash cams dont have that good image stabilizer that can satisfy our needs.
Dash cams are fairly new technology and it will take some time to develop them for our needs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
J GT300W 11
I GT300W 4
Back