New Guy

Jack Daniel

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi. I just had the 2 ch F770 installed yesterday in my truck . A couple of newbie questions if you don't mind .
Is there a way to connect via wifi with a macbook pro ?
Is there a way to disable audio recording ? Some of our conversations while driving should not be overheard :))

thanks, Jack

Hey Jack, welcome.

There should be a mic button directly on the unit itself, beside the wi-fi button.
This mic button turns on and off the audio recording.

As for connecting your Mac to your F770, the Thinkware pc viewer only supports SD cards; so if there is, it'll be a more technical process.
Might be easier to just bring your computer to the car and pop the sd card in and out.

Thanks Dashoto. I presume the mic off would have to be done each time upon driving ? I still have lots of playing to do !
Maybe I'll steal my grand daughter's i-pad !....No, I would never do that !

I believe it should stay off if until you turn it back on, barring any formatting you may do to the SD card in the future.

But you'll want to test that out to make sure, it's been a while.

Might be time to look into getting yourself an iPad;)

New Question : When I look the File List and recordings within the list, the time stamp in the list is different than that of the actual footage, which is correct .
How do I set the time reference ?

New Question : When I look the File List and recordings within the list, the time stamp in the list is different than that of the actual footage, which is correct .
How do I set the time reference ?
Which date is correct? The actual footage or what is saved onto the SD card?

The actual footage is showing the correct time

The actual footage is showing the correct time
Odd... and the recordings in the app list is incorrect?
I would suggest maybe a firmware update to see if that reoccurs still.

Yes the list I see when I connect through wifi is showing incorrect time, when I playback a video, it is correct at the top pf the screen .

As a side note, when I look at the GPS setting, it is showing the wrong time.

As a side note, when I look at the GPS setting, it is showing the wrong time.
Is your timezone correct on the camera settings?
Again, I would suggest maybe a firmware update to see if that reoccurs still.

Back