lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
New housing and mount arrived today:
P1030313.JPG P1030316.JPG P1030317.JPG P1030319.JPG

Mounted in the car:
P1030322.JPG P1030323.JPG P1030326.JPG

GPS locked right away, will have to test it longer to see if my "detached" solution was better.

Looks like they are using EMI coating inside the shell.

Thanks for the update. Have you checked interference with your phone yet, as your previous test?

Why didnt you connect the micro USB to one of the connectors on the GPS unit?

Here is a small update after a couple of days driving. The GPS is still very, very fragile. Sometimes I get a lock right away, sometimes not at all.
There is definitely something that gets modulated on wire (where the connecting cable acts like an antenna) Sometimes just re-positioning power cable (camera vs. GPS) makes difference.
Oh, and just in case @Rayman.Chan is listening, the GPS enclosure is a total crap. The six little screws that hold it together crack the plastic around - it's just a matter of time. The mount and the camera enclosures are OK, but the GPS one needs to be redesigned...

@lacibaci please post some photo's of the GPS cracked case..

Oh, and just in case @Rayman.Chan is listening, the GPS enclosure is a total crap. The six little screws that hold it together crack the plastic around - it's just a matter of time. The mount and the camera enclosures are OK, but the GPS one needs to be redesigned...
Mine seemed OK, except that there wasn't quite enough room for the cable so the connector end needed some force to close it properly.

Since I put it in the car I haven't got a GPS connection, it seemed to get the time, but did not set the clock.

Here is a small update after a couple of days driving. The GPS is still very, very fragile. Sometimes I get a lock right away, sometimes not at all.
There is definitely something that gets modulated on wire (where the connecting cable acts like an antenna) Sometimes just re-positioning power cable (camera vs. GPS) makes difference.
I agree. Mine is crack too. :)

I'm giving up on this Dashcam. The GPS mount just cracked open last night. I guess the sun exposure doesn't help or wrong choice of materials/ plastic.
I'm buying something else more reliable.. It looked ok but what a waste of money... I'm out!

Where can I get the new housing and mount? While I driving fall the camera out of the mount.
I have received my new camera last week from ebay.

I'd like to know as well. My GPS enclosure cracked in multiple places...

Well... I successfully broke my 0903 housing. I mean it is mounted to a gopro mount, got some force and the slider torn out from camera. Dashcam working but unable to mount. Any solution? Where to find a replacement housing?

Thanks

Somebody with a 3D printer could probably make a much nicer one.

Back