New housing with air vents for Mobius Mini: any good now for dashcam use?

I view DCT using Chrome browser (Pixel, Android 9). The videos just play within the browser, and yes I can hear the rock music :)

HA! So it's me then... stupid Motorola... still doesn't explain why RTCG does, and DCT doesn't... don't break your head on it, it's not a big deal, just wondering.

some more comparison screenshots:

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-02-22-09h14m49s430.png
    vlcsnap-2019-02-22-09h14m49s430.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
So, I've come to a few conclusions:

Dashcam:

1) works OK, IF you do NOT use 60 fps for night recording, 30 fps is ok and better for night recording.

Hatcam:

2) if you use a self adhesive velcro strip (hatcam), it will come off after some time because even in 30 fps it gets pretty hot. I harnassed it with some steel wire... Big disadvantage is the recording time. I always use an external battery, but that needs cable.... :( so it's never a fully satisfying solution.....

Motorcycle

3) use it as you like, 60 fps OK if you put it in a place with air flow, but please still use the heatsink. You could even stick a few little extra heatsinks for more reduction.

IMG_20190810_121908429.jpg

Take it off if you park your machine, for obvious reasons, stealing and heat de velopment if it's hot out.

Hatcam bicycle ride:

Mobius Mini and supercap? Anyone tried it before?

I didn't want to wait for it, and took of the cable and connector from the battery that has swollen up like a Michelin man, and soldered them to a Mobius 1 supercap.

IMG_20190812_110920127.jpg

Guess what, it records up to ALMOST the very last second.... :D

Date and time kept as well, don't know for how long though...... yet.... :unsure:

I haven't calculated, but counting down from 5 to 0 the image was saved up to where I said 1 in full .... so I'm guessing half a second missing or so.

Now, anyone saying it wont work, shut up NOW. Hahaha..... :censored:

It doesn't fit the housing of course, but who cares.....!!!

Anyone contact with the mobius team to ask for one that fits?

DISCUSS FURTHER HERE:

Back